$100,000.00 - $110,000.00 annually
10% annual bonus Employment Type
Full Time Job Description and Requirements:
THE EHS Manager provides technical support and tactical execution throughout the supply chain of the EHS program. This individual works closely with others within the Safety, Human Resources, Risk Management and Legal departments, the EHS Manager develops and implements the EHS programs for the Elwood, IL. The EHS Manager is the Associate's safety partner and strives to inspire employee commitment, at all levels, and to comply with company safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. The EHS Manager is responsible for staying abreast of changes in regulations and laws at the local, state and federal levels.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Serve as designated EHS representative for the Elwood, IL location, and for supply chain, coordinating and implementing all areas of the client's EHS programs
- Conduct/facilitate incident investigations, including near-miss events to identify root causes and ensure all appropriate corrective actions are put in place
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and optimization of safety, health, and hazardous materials and waste policies, practices, and procedures throughout the supply chain facilities in compliance with governmental regulations including Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations
- With cross-departmental collaboration, conduct supply chain safety training
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly audits of the supply chain operations, including facilities, machinery, and safety equipment, to identify and remediate potential compliance issues, safety risks, and other opportunities for better safety practices and coach associates about better safety practices
- Coordinate Employee Observations by the management team to identify unsafe behaviors and find ways to encourage the safe performance of all tasks.
- Ensure compliance with corporate safety programs and applicable federal, state and local laws
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations
- Develop, implement and monitor Workers' Compensation and Safety policies, procedures, claims reporting forms, procedures and activities. Maintain detailed record of Workers Comp. claims. Maintain OSHA injury and illness records
- Report monthly injury trends and prepare recommendations for prevention
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding safety costs and initiatives
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Other duties as assigned
** Background check and drug test required **
- EHS related bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in safety or related technical discipline
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations as well as other regulatory standards including, but not limited to, ANSI, NIOSH, NFPA, NEC, and DOT
- Ability to analyze accident data, industrial hygiene sampling results, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Strong leadership and time management skills; prior experience managing, and leading people is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven track record of driving cultural change in safety
- Works independently daily providing quality reports, analysis and policies in Workers Compensation and Safety
- Daily interaction with managers, staff, and corporate. Periodic interaction with local emergency response groups and regulatory agencies
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues.
- Experience with OSHA regulations and inspections
- Experience in Worker's Compensation case management.
Company DescriptionSAVI EHS (SAVI) is a nationwide EHS consulting firm specializing in regulatory compliance assessments, program development, training, short and long term staffing, industrial hygiene monitoring, expert witness testimony, incident investigation/management and ISO 14001/45001 compliance. It is our objective to partner with our clients to address their specific needs to drive continuous improvement within the organization.
Regardless of the industry (construction, general industry, manufacturing, oil and gas, power, nuclear, food service, hospitality, etc.) or size of the organization, SAVI's professionals have the experience, expertise, and the credentials to deliver the highest level of service. We are continually conducting research and collaborating with industry experts to identify innovative technology to assist us with our best-in-class solutions.