At Home Market Foods, our employees see the impact of our work. There are no cogs in the wheel at our organization - all our work from the plant floor to the C-suite matters intensely. Our employees routinely interact with senior leadership and work on a variety of projects that challenge and encourage development. Our people are kind, fun and supportive of each other, even as we excel as the market leaders in the meat-based meal and snack categories.
We have grown substantially over the last few years, propelled by our investments in innovation and operations and led by a team of world-class leaders. We are poised for continued success and offer amazing opportunities for our customers and our employees.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, and a distribution facility in Norton, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
Due to our rapid growth, our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our teams. To this end, we are posting for a strong Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist. This opportunity will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility and will support the second shift schedule: Monday-Friday 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. with occasional Saturdays based on production. OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist will assist with the implementation of company-wide multi-media environmental, health and safety programs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Work as part of an integrated team to increase staff awareness with environmental and occupational safety policies and procedures within the production environment
- Serve as a member of Emergency, First Responder team - on call 24-hour basis
- Develop and facilitate effective training material (site specific and administers Alchemy database.
- Analyze safety and environmental data to produce environmental and safety compliance action plans
- Perform safety and environmental sampling and monitoring to include - sampling and monitoring of storm water discharges in support of permit compliance, indoor air quality, noise assessments, non-ionizing radiation monitoring, temperature
- Develop and support of technical EHS programs (LOTO, Confined Space, Fall Protection, SWWP, Air, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to implement engineering controls to minimize injuries.
- Lead EHS Committees as well as special projects in the areas of EHS
- Review and understand complex environmental and safety regulations related to compliance
- Interface with regulatory agencies during inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in environmental, health and safety, biology, chemistry or related field or at least 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing facility in an EHS role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be proficient the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking priorities
- Must be able to participate in a company lock out, tag out program, as well as a respiratory protection program
- First aid and CPR training preferred
- Familiarity with HACCP and SQF or other Quality Systems as relating to food manufacturing required
The below physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work on a sustained basis in cold, high heat environments
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to wear safety equipment to include but not be limited to respirator
- Must be able to lift to 25lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to withstand working in a cold environment and stand for extended periods of time.
- Company provided Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be worn while on the production floor
- Must be able to serve in an on-call capacity
Home Market Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Job Posted by ApplicantPro