Job DescriptionSalary: starting at 55,000 per year
Beyond the Dog is currently seeking a full-time dog trainer to join our team! This is an entry-level position and perfect for recent graduates with a Biology, Psychology, Animal Sciences, or Wildlife degree! We service clients and their dogs in the greater Houston area and beyond, addressing a variety of behavioral and obedience concerns. Led by Dr. Echterling-Savage, we operate with a strong focus on the science of dog training and behavior!
Check out what it takes to be a professional trainer below!Primary Duties
- Responsible for the daily training of dogs (and sometimes cats, birds, etc.) through various training programs at the client's location.
- Work flexible hours on a Monday-Friday schedule.
- Selectively board/board and train current and previous clients' dogs.
- Work closely with a team consisting of a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, and Certified Professional Dog Trainers.
- Bachelor's degree required (Biology, Psychology, Animal Sciences, or Wildlife degree preferred)
- Strong interest in and some experience working with animals, but do not need experience serving as a dog trainer.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge effective relationships with clients to facilitate learning.
- Ability to react quickly and positively to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Written and verbal communication skills which will allow accurate record-keeping and reinforce training.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep to a schedule throughout the day as you transition from case to case.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation and be available to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings.
- Reside in a home with no more than one roommate and be available to house dogs as needed for Boarding or Board and Train, including occasional weekends and holidays.