Job DescriptionPNWK is excited to be growing its Forest School team!
This program is completely outdoors, all year long.Training Start Date: DecemberBonus after hiring: $400
($150 after 90 days, $250 end of June '23)
Tuesday - Friday 8:40-4:45pm Part Time: 30 hrs/wkPNWK offers paid online and in person training.
Do you love being outdoors and working with children? We are in search of upbeat and energetic teachers to join our team!
Class sizes of 8-10 students with 2 teachers or 12-14 students with 3 teachers. Duties
- Make sure children are safe and supported
- Observe children's behavior and learning, and foster problem solving, collaboration, confidence building and imagination by providing scaffolding experiential learning based on those observations
- Maintain visual and auditory supervision of children at all times to ensure their safety in the forest and on any field trips
- Help children resolve and negotiate conflicts when they arise; support development of self-regulation, impulse control and coping mechanisms through supporting conflict resolution; use consistent techniques in guiding children's behavior
- Develop strong positive partnerships with families, students, and possible co-teachers
- Use positive, appropriate and supportive language with children
- Embrace a wide variety of weather conditions as pedagogical inspiration
- Experience in early childhood education and/or outdoor/nature education programs
- Strong emotional intelligence, including empathy and listening skill set
- Loves working with young children and is energetic and passionate about working one-on-one with children, as well as with groups of children
- Demonstrates working knowledge of hazards and risk assessment as related to the environments of young children
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively in an all outdoor, forest setting, and open and flexible to new ideas
- Dedication to place-based education and a passion for exploring the natural environment. Working knowledge of local flora, fauna, and seasonal changes is a plus!
- Physically able to walk up to 2 miles a day, in all weather, and lift objects of up to 50lbs.
- Current Emergency First Aid and Child CPR certificate; (or willing to obtain quickly)
- Comfortable with meeting children where they are on a given day
- Vaccinated for COVID 19 including Booster and able to provide vaccination card.
- Formal studies in the core subjects of Early Childhood Education
- At least one to two years preschool teaching experience
- Knowledge of forestry, environmentalism, conservation, herbology, any and all Earth based / nature based wisdom or knowledge
: Competitive, and Based upon Experience, starting at $21/hour