1. Protein expression experience
2. Cell culture
3. Characterization of analytical samples via SDS-PAGE, western blot
Seeking a highly motivated and experienced research scientist to join our Protein Sciences group at AbbVie in the Chicago area. The candidate will be working in a highly dynamic group to provide protein expression support (100 ml to 30 L) for a variety of small molecule drug discovery programs. The candidate should have extensive protein expression experience and be proficient in all standard bioprocess and aseptic technique.
• Develops and executes cell culture process in shake flasks and bench-scale bioreactors.
• Protein expression from E.coli., insect cell or mammalian cell systems.
• Characterize expression with SDS-PAGE, western blot.
• Ensures that experiments are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, as well as executed effectively.
Handle issues with a sense of urgency when required.
• Authoring associated technical reports and documents.
• Work independently with team spirit. Accountable for technical performance and results of the team.
• BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or other relevant biological sciences with 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience in protein expression using E.coli., insect (Sf9), or mammalian system (HEK or CHO cells).
• Good problem-solving skills. Capable of finding the root cause of problems and solve them with innovative ways.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build open and collaborative relationships in a multidisciplinary environment are essential.
• Good record keeping and able to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
Company DescriptionAbout Kyyba:
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence, empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits and a balanced compensation structure combined with career development.
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
Pre-paid legal plan
Identity theft plan
Medical and dependent FSA
Paid time off
Opportunity for advancement
• An INC 5000 company for 10 years
• Corp! Michigan Economic Bright Spots
• Crain's Detroit Business Top Staffing Service Companies in Detroit
• TechServe Alliance Excellence Award- IT and Engineering Staffing & Solutions
• Best of MichBusiness winner in HR Wizards & Partnerships
• Metro Detroit Elite Category: Recruitment, Selection & Orientation for 101 Best & Brightest
• 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Michigan
M-F: @ 7am - 3:30pm (changes with each team and start/end times within 30 min of this schedule).