We are hiring now for a Environmental Health and Safety Administrator!
SMTC Corporation was founded in 1985. SMTC is a mid-size provider of end-to-end electronics manufacturing services (EMS) including PCBA production, systems integration and comprehensive testing services, enclosure fabrication, as well as product design, sustaining engineering and supply chain management services. SMTC has facilities in the United States, Mexico, China and Canada. Services extend over the entire electronic product life cycle from the development and introduction of new products through to the growth, maturity and end-of-life phases.
*401K with company match
*PTO, Paid Holidays
*Medical HRA Plan
*Short term/Long term Disability Insurance, etc.
The Environmental Health and Safety Administrator position is to be responsible for performing basic environmental health / safety inspections and evaluations in accordance with the applicable local, state, or federal regulations. Enforce general industry safety.
- Analyze data, prepare reports or other health-related documents, and make presentations, if necessary, based on findings from evaluations or inspections;
- Conduct or assist in environmental investigations (based on certifications);
- Document information obtained during all investigations in a clear manner;
- Provide information in the areas of disease prevention, safety and general environmental health subjects;
- Provide technical guidance (based on level of training) as required to sanitarians and other staff members within the facility;
- Collaborate with insurance carrier for facility inspections;
- Enforce and ensure that OSHA regulations are followed within the operations of the facility;
- Maintain and ensure that First Aid stations are stacked with required medical supplies and accessible to all employees;
- Order and issue safety equipment;
- Participate and conduct on-going fire inspection and OSHA inspection;
- Participate in state inspections, Florida Department of Health Bureau of Radiation Control, and any and all Environmental issues;
- Perform on-going safety audits;
- Perform Training requirements under OSHA 1910;
- Responsible for the certification and maintenance of the following:
- FDEP permits and testing
- State permits, testing, and reports
- City discharge permits, testing and reports
- Company recycling program
- Operating and quality of reverse osmosis systems
- DI water units
- Hazardous waste handling, shipments and spill response
- Work closely with management and Human Resources to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience for the Environmental Health and Safety Administrator:
- A minimum of an associate's degree (preferred) or its equivalent with at least 10 years of experience in an environmental and/or safety field;
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; self-starter with an ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations while maintaining focus and clarity in order to deliver results; high level of professionalism, discretion and clear judgment a must; effective oral and written communications skills are required; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected; able to handle a fast-paced, heavy workload environment, and demonstrate excellent service skills. Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and meet the physical demands of the position;
SMTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
If you require assistance completing this application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.