We've partnered exclusively with a pioneer in regenerative medicine to find scientists with impressive knowledge of kidney biology (knowledge regarding various cell types and their communication, vascular architecture, and general tissue engineering) to help build their growing team. You'll collaborate with other scientists, engineers, and hardware/software developers with the goal of developing viable organ models and relevant biofabrication methods.
If you have deep organ physiology expertise and this sounds like a dream to you, apply today!
Primary Job Functions:
* Develop and evaluate various iPSC differentiation protocols towards renal lineages.
* Employ advanced microfluid systems to develop in vitro assays to evaluate renal cell function.
* Analyze complex multifaceted biological data and clearly communicate results through written reports and oral presentations. Apply statistical techniques as appropriate.
* Collaborate across different functional teams / locations, to ensure successful completion of necessary projects.
* Develop, document, and communicate experiments, new assays, hardware, software and wetware designs, critical parameters and required processes as needed. Ensure documentation is thorough and complete.
* Generate valuable intellectual property
* Work independently with minimal supervision to execute R&D projects.
Education and Training:
PhD in Biology/Pathology/Bioengineering with demonstrated experience in renal biology or regenerative medicine or equivalent is preferred.
* +2 years of relevant lab experience in biomaterials and/or mammalian cell culture is preferred.
* Experience with iPSCs is preferred.
* Proven ability to analyze biological statistics, draw conclusions and clearly report results and suggested next steps.
* Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment with ability to work independently to deliver results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrates broad knowledge in the fields of renal biology and regenerative medicine.
* Familiar with a range of laboratory techniques. Examples include immunostaining, confocal microscopy, ELISA, PCR.
* Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for defining problems and obtaining solutions.
* Ability to write business correspondence, reports, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (verbal and written).