Since 1980, NAI has been a leader in nutritional health, bringing whole food-based supplements to a global population. NAI is a leading expert and manufacturer of dietary supplements. We are involved in every facet of the industry, including research, development, manufacturing and marketing and advocacy. As a company, we continue to grow with manufacturing locations in Vista and Carlsbad, CA. We are looking for seasoned and entry level candidates that are interested in working for a great company with opportunities to grow, competitive pay and benefits.
* Free medical (one plan) and other medical plan options
* Dental, vision, life insurance and other voluntary benefit options.
* $1,000 Retention Bonus after 90 days of employment!
* $2,500 Employee Referral Bonus
* 3 weeks' vacation and 11 paid holidays
* 401K including company matching and profit sharing
* Opportunities for advancement
* Comprehensive training
* Tuition Reimbursement and more!
***PERFERRED MANUFACTURING AND/OR FOOD SCIENCE EXPERIENCE***
Performs microbiological testing on raw materials, in-process and finished product as well as environmental samples in a cGMP/GLP laboratory. Reports results in a timely and professional manner to QC Management. Assists in OOS investigations and excursions reports.
*Duties & Responsibilities*
* Performs routine microbiological testing on raw materials, in-process and finished products using compendial methods such as USP, AOAC, FDA-BAM and in-house validated methods on the rapid automated Soleris system.
* Performs retesting of out-of-specification (OOS) results, assists with OOS investigations and OOS reports as directed by QC Supervisor.
* Performs water sampling at various ports and perform bioburden, TOC and conductivity testing.
* Performs Environmental Monitoring testing (for air and surface) per established protocol.
* Reviews water and EM test results and assists in investigation of excursions and preparation of relevant reports as directed by Quality Management.
* Effectively communicates testing progress or project status to Micro Supervisor.
* Documents and reports results in the appropriate notebooks and databases.
* Performs formal review of peer notebooks and test results.
* Prepares media used for the microbiological analysis of samples.
* Performs timely cleaning and disinfection and handling of biohazard and general wastes.
* Maintains supplies and media inventory for the micro lab in collaboration with the Lab Coordinators by creating needed Purchase Requisitions Forms and formally qualifying received media and reagents.
* Operates, maintains and ensures calibration of equipment including thermometers, analytical balances, pipettes and other related equipment used in the micro lab; notifies QC Supervisor of potential issues.
* Assists with new equipment qualification/ validation projects as directed by Quality Management.
* Assists in developing or revising microbiological test methods.
* Trains and mentors Associate Microbiologists and Micro Technicians
* Reviews and revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as directed by QC Supervisor
* Assists in implementing cGMP/GLP programs and procedures within the micro laboratory.
* Provides backup support to QC Supervisor on day to day activities or tasks, as required.
* Performs special projects as assigned by QC Management.
* Complies with cGMP, cGLP, FDA and other applicable industry regulations as well as NAI policies.
* BA/BS degree in microbiology, chemistry, biology, biochemistry or related field.
* Minimum three years' experience working in a microbiological lab, preferably in a regulated GMP industry
* Proficiency in aseptic technique, serial dilutions, quantitative enumeration of microorganisms, and preparation of test media.
* Experience with microbiological testing such as Bioburden and environmental monitoring
* Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
* Effective oral and written business communication skills
* Ability to initiate and maintain QC data, documents, reports and corrective action summaries.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with peers and management.
* Ability to multi-task, work effectively and complete projects in a fast paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
Work Location: One location