is seeking an experienced Senior Biologist or Ecologist Project Manager
with consulting experience to play a key role in implementing our existing programs in California
. The ideal candidate will have served as a senior leader and has a track record of high-quality outputs, team building and excellent client communication skills and responsiveness. This is a fast-track
opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, on existing contracts. Business Development will not be required at the onset of this role. The role will be predominantly remote with minimal field work.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary biological and water resource teams to support surveys, project impact assessment, monitoring and documentation.
- Contribute to preparing technical documents and associated management plans in compliance with state and federal requirements, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC.
- Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and public agencies.
- Other duties may include natural resource surveys, biological monitoring (as necessary), field team management, and providing specialized site assessments.
Who We Are:
- BS or MS in biology, wetland science, ecology or similar field with experience pertaining to a specialized biological training or field.
- At least 7 years of consulting experience that involves oversight, QA/QC, technical writing, advanced survey design, impact assessment and multi-media permitting.
- Solid grasp of the key biological or wetland ecology impact assessment and management issues within the public utility sector, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
- Possession of current USFWS 10(a)(1)(A) Permits and/or CDFW Scientific Collecting Permits preferred.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!