At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We seek a collaborative and highly innovative computational and systems biologist to join our Predictive Sciences team and develop computational strategies to analyze multi-omics data from our proprietary compound library for precision medicine in oncology.
This position will work alongside Research & Early Development colleagues in the BMS Oncogenesis Thematic Research Center, Protein Homeostasis Thematic Center of Excellence, Sequencing Research, and other teams in the global Informatics and Predictive Sciences (IPS) department. The successful applicant will play a key scientific role in identifying elucidating the MoA class of our compound libraries and inferring therapeutic effects on specific patient subtypes, thus driving our precision medicine effort. This candidate will work on multi-omics compound profiles for the mechanism of action and biomarker identification in pre-clinical and primary samples.
This role will work with internal and external collaborators to develop new computational capabilities to accelerate our drug discovery pipeline. We seek candidates passionate about learning a new drug discovery paradigm, bringing new medicines to the patients, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.Responsibilities
- Infer compound MoAs using computational strategies to identify various MoA classes in a compound library and use these to predict their potential therapeutic effects on primary diseases and molecularly defined patient states.
- Integrate multi-dimensional compound profiling data from proteomics, transcriptomics, and phenomics screens to elucidate compound activity.
- Build machine learning models to relate compound's features with their MoA.
- Infer context-specific regulatory networks and interrogate them to identify druggable drivers of various pathologies and the associated biomarkers.
- Identify appropriate pre-clinical models closely resembling the molecular profile of a given patient state.
- Ph.D. in computational biology, systems biology, bioinformatics, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of post-doctoral experience in applying computational and analytical approaches in university, pharma, or biotech settings, focusing on drug discovery, or elucidating underlying disease pathology.
- Extensive experience in analyzing a wide variety of molecular profiles such as transcriptomics, proteomics, and scRNA-seq in an integrative way
- Ability to interpret data from various experimental assays to validate and propose new biological hypotheses.
- Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology, preferably in Oncology
- Strong statistical background
- Expertise in programming and scripting languages (R, Python, or Matlab)
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in top-tier scientific journals.
- Proven problem-solving skills, collaborative nature, and adaptability across disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Experience with NGS technologies such as ATAC-Seq, and Perturb-Seq.
- Ability to analyze genome wide CRISPR/CAS9 screen for essentiality, drug sensitivity, and drug resistance along with screen design.
- Experience in machine learning/deep learning.
- Knowledge of drug discovery in pre-clinical and early phase drug development stages
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.