At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented young scientist interested in immunology, autoimmunity and immune suppression. We offer a highly energetic, vibrant, and dynamic environment to help prepare you for a career in scientific research. You will be responsible for running cell-based assays under guidance to support drug development, as well as designing and executing exploratory studies to understand immune pathways and mechanism of action of drug candidates. You will work closely with and learn from a diverse group of scientists pursuing key questions and targets in immune suppression space. You will have opportunities to develop biology research skills, present your work to colleagues, participate in scientific discussions and project meetings, and be exposed to all aspects of cross-functional early-stage drug discovery process.
- Under guidance, design and execute cell-based immunological assays such as cell differentiation and stimulation to advance mechanistic understanding of targets
- Learn and perform a variety of techniques and readouts such as cytokine analysis and flow cytometry
- Analyze, interpret, and present data, perform QC and troubleshooting
- Maintain detailed written record of experiments and results and promptly communicate key information to stakeholders
- Continuously educate yourself on key immunological pathways and processes relevant to the project, as well as laboratory techniques
Qualifications & Experience
- An academic background in molecular and cell biology and/or immunology and a strong academic record (≥ 3.2 GPA); working knowledge of key immunology concepts
- Training in cell culture and key cell biology techniques; at least three semesters of laboratory course work and/or research
- Prior laboratory experience in industry or academic setting is desired
- Prior experience in cell-based assay development, familiarity with high-throughput and multiplex assays is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit required
- Enthusiasm for science and strong drive to learn
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.