At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.This Position qualifies for a $10,000 Sign-on Bonus, $5,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $5,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external hires only. Job Summary
Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a QC Associate to join our QC Microbiology team at the Cell Therapy Facility (CTF) in Devens, MA. The QC Associate is responsible for supporting Quality Control microbiological in-process, release, and stability testing of clinical and commercial cell therapy drug product. Additionally, the QC Associate will support clean utilities systems testing, environmental monitoring within the manufacturing environment, and may assist with investigations and continuous improvement efforts. The QC Associate role is stationed in Devens, MA and reports to the Manager, QC Microbiology for the Devens CTF.Job Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Perform microbiological testing and data review of in-process, batch release, and stability samples of cell therapy drug product in accordance with applicable procedures and cGMP requirements.
- Perform environmental and clean utilities monitoring within the manufacturing environment.
- Ensure timely completion of testing and tasks as assigned.
- May train on additional test methods and provide support to a broader spectrum of testing responsibilities.
- Support investigations through data gathering or interview process.
- Apply scientific principles to testing and the proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Communicate effectively with management regarding task completion, roadblocks, and needs.
- May participate in projects and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Support for QC and manufacturing operations requires shift coverage consisting of weekdays, weekends, holidays, and during adverse weather conditions. This position works the following shift schedule:
- AM Shift: Sunday to Wednesday 6 AM - 4 PM
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the life sciences.
- 0-2+ years of relevant microbiological testing or QC experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience with basic laboratory techniques and basic laboratory safety practices.
- Prior experience in microbiology techniques (endotoxin, sterility, environmental monitoring, process gas & water testing, aseptic technique) is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards as they apply to GMP laboratories is preferred.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic electronic systems (email, MS Office, etc.) required.
- Experience with LIMS and ELN computer applications preferred.
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and department management.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there's no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients' lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.