is looking for a motivated, hands-on Principal Environmental Engineer
to join our growing Environmental Management and Contaminated Site Management teams in Bellingham, WA
. Working under the direction of program managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting and challenging projects throughout Washington and other US locations, with task/project management duties.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts within Washington and the wider North American business to engage in a meaningful way in spill prevention planning and oversight and implement the latest investigation and sustainable remediation technologies. Experience and familiarity with state/federal Spill Prevention regulations, state Contaminated Sites Program regulations, and federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) corrective action regulations are preferred.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a "seller/doer," contribute to business development of ERM's global EHS and Environmental service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Develop and renew Oil Discharge Prevention and Contingency Plans (ODPCP) and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans and provide associated site inspection support.
- Interact with clients and Professional Engineers to develop and maintain ODPCP and SPCC Plans, including compliance support and development of creative solutions to enhance spill prevention compliance management programs.
- Work with a team of SPCC and ODPCP professionals to provide support at large and small facilities throughout the Pacific Northwest, including spill drill planning, field and desktop spill drills, and spill response.
- Manage projects involving site investigation and remediation of soil, groundwater, sediments, and free-phase product for clients with complex technical/regulatory issues in the Oil & Gas sector. Plan and oversee field work, including sampling, drilling, well installation, soil, groundwater and free-phase product assessment, vapor intrusion assessment, remedial pilot tests, and remedial system construction oversight.
- Design and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and ground water, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Manage due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I standards and other global protocols, including broad-based compliance assessments, and follow-on Phase II environmental site assessments.
- Manage multiple projects within client's scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project team members and mentor junior staff.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with ERM employees, clients, and subcontractors.
Who We Are:
- Washington Professional Engineering license.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering.
- 8+ years of experience, with progressive project management experience for complex permitting, spill prevention or contaminated sites projects under a variety of local, state, and federal regulatory structures.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!