More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities: Strategy and planning:
Identify applicable regulatory programs & training programs needed and ensure they are implemented
Establish, maintain and communicate EHS Policies and Procedures
Develop EHS management systems elements to ensure continuous improvement programs of EHS
Support strategies for managers to integrate core EHS functions into process and practices across the business
Develop action plans and set priorities for implementation
Ensure EHS training programs are developed, appropriate staff are trained, and training is documented
Stay current on safety and environmental technical and regulatory issuesProgram Development:
Development and implementation of corporate policies, standards, procedures and training covering, but not limited to risk assessment, compliance assurance, emergency preparedness, client visit safety, contractor safety, confined space, hazardous energy control, elevated work, working surfaces, industrial hygiene, medical surveillance, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, electrical, ergonomics, biological hazards, radiation, driving, and powered industrial vehicles, air, water, and waste management.Compliance Assurance:
Ensure EHS audit and inspection programs are in place and align with laws, regulations, and company policies.EHS Committees & Teams:
Participate in EHS committees, team audits, and incident investigations.
- Minimum: 4 years / Bachelor's Degree: Occupational health and safety, environmental sciences, or engineering curriculum with equivalent training
- 7 years (Prefer 10 years, with 2 years of people management experience)
- Industrial, manufacturing, facilities, and/or construction
- Developing and managing global safety programs.
- Multi-location, matrixed organizations
- Solid understanding of US EH&S regulations
- Working knowledge of global EH&S compliance obligations.
- Certified Safety Professional (preferred)
- Valid driver's license
Extensive technical and regulatory knowledge of EHS program development and implementation. This position requires:
- Excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to explain technical health and safety concepts in a way that is organized and easy-to-consume
- Experience designing and developing and implementing EHS programs and training
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with and influence others, with or without direct authority, to achieve results
- Adept at balancing strategic leadership and tactical/operational execution
- Embraces a 'hands-on' approach to regulatory compliance
- Ability to research, investigate and analyze information and exercise sound judgment in determining appropriate advisories and actions
- Experience with using EHS management software
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or other presentation software
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.