Overview : The Research Associate will conduct hands-on in vitro and in vivo experiments related to efficacy, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetics with a wide variety of cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry approaches. This position requires the ability to complete scientific and technical tasks under a clear supervision on a strict timeline , to troubleshoot technical issues, and to work as part of a team on multiple projects with changing priorities. Attention to detail, consistency in technical replications, and solid oral and written communication are required. Exact title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
* Coordinate with Scientific teams to achieve company objectives, specifically through the execution of experimental designs under a clear supervision
* Facilitate cell lines and primary cells maintenance independently
* Perform sample preparation and analysis with ex vivo tissues for assays (histology, protein, RNA, and DNA analysis)
* Contribute to the adaptation of existing assays and development of novel assays that comply with standards required of preclinical in vivo studies
* Proactively support lab function by ordering and maintaining reagents and supplies, troubleshoot technical problems and perform equipment maintenance
* Assist with operational management of the laboratory including procurement as well as interface with collaborators and external research teams
* Record and maintain accurate research documentation and perform initial analyses to identify non-conforming data points and/or interpret outcomes
* Bachelor's degree in cellular biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
* 1-2 years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting;
* Experience with animal tissue and blood samples for DNA, RNA, and protein isolation
* Experience in general biochemistry assays, such as histology and immunodetection
* Experience and comfort working with BSL-2 agents using appropriate procedures
* Experience with aseptic/sterile technique, specifically for microbiology and mammalian cell culture
* Experience with working with immune cells and some in vivo experiment is a plus
* Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software
Benefits & Additional information:
We are dedicated to building a team of smart, enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated people passionate about science and curing cancer in a start-up environment. We offer the benefits of large pharma companies. Our employees and their dependents are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance with a 90% - 100% company contribution. We provide a 4% automatic match to retirement savings and a generous amount of time off through our vacation, paid holiday, sick and floating time off programs (40+ days). Our employees also enjoy many other company perks, like free gym membership, monthly events, other supplemental benefits and cost-free work-life balance programs. We work at the state of the art, LEED-Gold Certified, GradLabs space with a brand-new laboratory, training rooms, and Cafe and lounge areas.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our jobs. We are an equal opportunity employer, celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees. We provide a work environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to any characteristic protected by law.