Location: Lexington, MA (Hybrid - with most of the time requiring an onsite 3-4 day presence)
Length: 12 months
Covid Requirements: Must be fully vaccinated and boosted
Our client is looking for a Biologist to apply biological methods, approaches, and technologies to address critical biomedical and forensic challenges in the defense intelligence and homeland protection communities. Seeking an experienced motivated research associate to work with staff to design and execute research and development efforts that support programs in cell biology, molecular biology, and bioengineering. The position involves working both independently and in project teams alongside experts in molecular cellular and synthetic biology immunology and bioinformatics to achieve project goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support biological laboratory efforts associated with a broad range of programs in core C-WMD mission technology areas to address key stakeholder needs and further the Group 22 core C-WMD mission areas.
* Analysis of trace samples for forensic or attribution purposes, environmental sampling, and analysis to inform sensor performance, C-WMD phenomenology, metagenomics analysis, and novel assay development.
* Complete collaborative and multidisciplinary activities within Group 22.
* Work in a team environment to study a broad range of key technical questions to countering the proliferation and use of WMDs.
* Conduct sampling and analysis of nucleic acids, production of appropriate test materials, and assistance with field-based activities.
* Understand and support C-WMD mission area success by executing a range of analytical methods in a biology lab.
* As needed, technology development and testing may be conducted, which may also involve testing outside a laboratory and/or in operational settings.
* Evaluate experimentation of chemical, biological, explosive, and radiological defense technologies, methods, and prototyping efforts.
* Conduct research in collaboration with stakeholder and first responder communities.
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related scientific discipline, or equivalent experience in a lab-based biology and biological methods.
* Demonstrated skills in biology lab best practices (e.g., aseptic technique, experimental design)
* 2+ years of experience with common molecular and cellular biology techniques among; quantitative PCR, purification and quantification of nucleic acids, working with complex sample types (e.g., environmental samples), and data analysis.
* Willingness to learn additional methods and platforms as needed.
* Lab experience outside of coursework and evidence of self-directed research and problem-solving abilities.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a wide spectrum of audiences and ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams.
* Experience with molecular and cellular biology techniques including nucleic acid sequencing, bioinformatics, mammalian and microbial cell culture, and microscopy.
* Ability to travel domestically on a limited basis.
* Must be a United States citizen.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
* Work as our full-time employee with medical insurance - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need that benefit.
Come see why DPC has achieved:
* 4.9/5 Star Glassdoor rating and the only staffing company ( * Voted ‘Best Staffing Firm to Temp For' four times by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as a ‘Best Company to Work For' by Forbes, Fortune and Inc. magazine.