Location : Pleasanton, CA
About The Role
We are looking for an exceptional scientist to lead Application Development efforts within the Computational Biology group . The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and developing teams of scientists engaged in computational analysis of high-dimensional single-cell and spatial genomics data. You must combine impressive technical leadership, excellence in people management, a strong drive for making great products, and commitment to the highest standards of program execution. You will be a strategic thinker on the biological utility of 10x products and the larger life sciences tools market.
What You Will Be Doing
* Attract and develop world-class talent focused on demonstrating and developing new applications of 10x products
* Develop and oversee development projects for extending the application space of 10x products
* Contribute to the roadmap of commercial products and align talent and infrastructure with the broader company goals
* Coordinate and review scientific engagement via publications, conference attendance and application notes
* Build processes and tools to ensure 10x products deliver data to the highest standards of biological accuracy and utility
* Manage analysis and release of diverse 10x datasets for product demonstration and scientific engagement
* Provide mentorship and guidance to team members
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need
* PhD, proven and significant depth of experience in computational biology, genomics, or a related field
* Experience managing teams of scientists from a variety of backgrounds
* Detailed understanding of how single-cell and spatial genomics tools are used across life sciences and pharmaceutical research
* A strong desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
* Strong leadership and organizational skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.