TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology' discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other's achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
We are seeking a talented and highly-motivated, autoimmune disease-focused immunologist to join our Translational Biology Research group. Our team is dedicated to the exploration of target biology and drug mechanisms, critically driving forward drug development. This position is responsible for human tissue biomarkers including ex vivo functional assays, target expression profiling via multiple technologies, and proof-of-concept development of human PD and RO assays to enable phase I clinical development. Bench research will be a part of the position. Prior drug development experience is required, and that in immunomodulatory biologics is desired. This role is focused on autoimmune diseases, and prior experience must be specific to that field; a microbiology or immuno-oncology background is not sufficient.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Development and expansion of capabilities for functional human tissue models
* Support indication selection via target expression profiling
* Generate proof-of-concept for clinical biomarker assays
* Management of CRO activities and bench research
* Direction of a team of scientists specializing in ex vivo functional assays
* Preparation of relevant sections for regulatory findings
* Ph.D in immunology (or closely-related field)
* 8+ years of postdoctoral experience in the field of autoimmunity, including 4+ years of autoimmune disease-focused industry research
* Expertise in relevant technologies, including transcriptomics, microscopy, ELISA/MSD assays, and high-parameter flow cytometry
* Ex vivo tissue-based functional models experience
* Detail-oriented and analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
* Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented, matrixed environment
* Good planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines
* Management experience
* Prior experience with functional analysis of clinical samples from patients with autoimmune or inflammatory diseases
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus, and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.