Gossamer Bio is seeking a highly motivated, interactive, and creative scientist to join the in vivo pharmacology team. The primary role of the person is to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs using their expertise in in vivo pharmacology and basic molecular biology. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication and will present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Independently design and execute rodent in vivo pharmacology studies focused on immunology, autoimmune disease and immuno-oncology models.
* Lead research efforts to develop and implement novel in vivo assays to establish PK/PD relationships and biomarker development.
* Proficient in handling rodents, animal identification and randomization, animal weighing, health monitoring, dosing via IV, IP, SC, PO and inhalation/aerosolized routes, blood draws, small animal surgery, cardiac puncture and tissue collection at necropsy including fixation, freezing and tissue disaggregation to support ex vivo
* Independently identify and assess the capabilities of external CRO(s) to aid our internal research efforts. Independently plan, coordinate, and manage the completion of CRO studies.
* Experience with ex vivo assays such as ELISA, multi-plex analysis and flow cytometry.
* Ability to effectively communicate and present summaries of research results to team members and to a multidisciplinary team of researchers.
Education, Certifications, Experience
* Must have Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery
* Must have Oncology background
* Hands-on experience with in vivo rodents and ability to effectively engage with members of a cross-functional team is required.
* Demonstrated ability to work with little to no supervision, work well in teams, and ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment
* Train, manage, and develop junior scientists to design, analyze, and execute cellular and biochemical studies
* Experience ensuring quality control and accurate analysis of data provided by CROs
* Experience leading small molecule programs from target validation to lead optimization to IND-enabling studies
* Cross-departmental coordination and project management experience required
* Excellent computer skills required: detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and GraphPad Prism.
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.