We are looking for an early career landscape designer with a strong background and deep interest in ecology to join an interdisciplinary team of scientists and landscape architects working on restoration and sustainability planning projects throughout the United States. This position will be located in our San Diego, CA office. Full-time remote work is not an option .
** Applications that do NOT include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio (website link is acceptable) will NOT be considered. Your attachment must be less than 20 pages and under 10MB. Your cover letter should answer these three questions:
* Why is this position the next right step in your career?
* What interests you about ecology?
* Why do you want to work at an ecological consulting firm?
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in landscape architecture with 1 - 3 years' work experience in the professional consulting industry;
* Experience with large scale project design and construction documentation processes, including accurately drafting details, plan sheets, and base maps;
* Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and GIS ArcMap
* Experience in master-planning and public outreach
* Self-starter, motivated for success, with the ability to think critically to provide innovative, client-centered solutions;
* Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas through written, verbal, and graphical formats;
* Strong organizational and time management skills to complete deliverables on time and within budget;
* Rigorous, detail-oriented, and committed to accuracy;
* Collaborative approach to working with a team, adaptability to changing priorities and processes, and willingness to learn;
* A valid driver's license; and
* Flexible schedule and willingness to conduct site visits.
Preferred Qualifications, But Not Required:
* Licensed in California or working toward licensure;
* Experience with, and knowledge, of southern California's diverse ecosystems;
* Experience with construction administration and monitoring;
* Direct experience in wetland restoration;
* Urban habitat restoration experience;
* Stormwater management design and implementation experience;
* Demonstrated knowledge of grading and drainage
* Experience with specifications
* Irrigation design experience or expertise
* Hand drawing and model building skills
* Spanish language fluency.
We are seeking applicants who are comfortable and confident with the following responsibilities:
* Provide design services in ecological and habitat restoration projects, such as stream restoration, wetland mitigation, and landscape management, often within an urban context;
* Support all phases of design production from master planning to construction documentation and specifications;
* Produce high-quality graphics, including diagrams, plans, sections, and renderings to support presentations, reports, and marketing efforts;
* Contribute strategic problem solving to comprehensive planning for watersheds and large-scale mitigation projects;
* Provide technical support, research, and written reports on subjects at the cutting edge of ecological design;
* Analyze complex sites and ecological issues through both desktop analysis, site visits, and field data collection;
* Coordinate with client and subconsultants with professionalism and discretion; and
* Support development of proposals in the development of new business.
This position is an opportunity to join and expand our team of passionate professionals and leaders in the industry who are fully committed to helping to repair the world through "Great Ecology"! Please be sure to following the application submission guidelines mentioned above.