Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As a Managing Consultant, you will play a key role in our growing Americas consulting practice, with involvement in all aspects of the consulting process, from shaping the opportunity, performing the analysis, managing the project, and working closely with clients and Wood Mackenzie experts to develop insights that support critical strategic decisions.
This role requires a high level of creative thinking and problem-solving abilities combined with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate will frequently engage with and work alongside senior client teams. Minimal domestic travel may be required time to time, as our new normality allows.
Our consultants have outstanding credentials, first-class connections with key energy and mining industry decision-makers globally and an unrivalled knowledge of regional and local markets.
As a Managing Consultant at Wood Mackenzie, you will take ownership for the delivery of important parts of the assignment as well as project managing and coordinating the overall effort under the supervision of a Project Director:
* Coordinating and managing the overall project as Project Manager
* Leading and executing complex analysis of commodity markets and project economics
* Providing a clear view to the team and the client of Wood Mackenzie's research insights and available data and how these can be best used in the project
* Building compelling presentations conveying key messages concisely for a senior audience
* Leading content discussions within project teams
* Presenting your recommendations with poise and confidence to senior client stakeholders
* Coordinating SMEs, asking the relevant questions and extracting insights to achieve the project's objective
* Assisting other members of the team to ensure successful delivery
* Coaching junior team members on day-to-day consulting tasks
* Taking a proactive role in the recruiting process
* Engaging across Wood Mackenzie to help identify ideas for new products and capabilities
* Possess a bachelor's degree in a relevant quantitative or science discipline such as business, economics, finance, statistics, or engineering; MBA or master's is a plus
* At least 6 years' experience in management consulting, finance and/or a commercial/analytical role, with a focus on the upstream oil and gas sector (onshore US focus is a plus)
* Considerable experience managing key project work flows and overall coordination of projects in a Project Manager role
* Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
* Client focused attitude - dedication to meeting the client's needs and anticipating potential issues in project delivery
* Issues based problem solving - the ability to identify the critical questions, problems, and issues related to a client's decision
* Curiosity - having a keen interest in the global energy and/or metals industries and a willingness to explore new frontiers of traditional markets and the Energy Transition
* Quantitative analysis - comfort with building models that demonstrate potential outcomes for markets, projects, and asset financials
* Focus on efficiency - executing analysis and presentation creation with quality and accuracy, with minimal rework
* Dedication and resiliency - taking ownership in your work and building on your experiences
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.