Senior Research Scientist Bioprocess Engineer of all levels needed in Salt Lake City, UT.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Shannon Colette Lee
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $58,000 - $120,000 per yearA bit about us:
My client is a Series B, sustainable aviation fuel development company based out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Their novel, one-of-a kind technology allows them to harness energy from biomass and convert it to superior performance aviation fuel as well as carbon negative, bio-rubber that can be used in various consumer and commercial products.
This company was initially inspired by their co-founders and a team of brilliant scientists looking to create clean energy solutions. They are a passionate and creative group of engineers, scientists, and visionaries who have since been focused on aviation fuels, with the purpose of creating a sustainable planet, reducing global carbon emissions, and ultimately combatting climate change.Why join us?
Excellent career opportunities, as well as competitive compensation and benefits package.
Benefits: 10-20% annual bonus, health, dental, 401k matching, PTO, 1-week paid annual company shutdownJob Details
Senior Research Scientist: Bioprocess Engineer
Must have bioreactor or molecular biology experience!
My client is seeking an experienced Bioprocess Engineer or scientist for leading micro-organism based fermentation efforts fulfilling research and development goals of the company. The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge and experience with bioprocessing to produce high value biological products. The candidate will be responsible for strain improvement, independent design, and fermentation process development at laboratory and industrial scale based on a strong command of biochemical and engineering principles. This job will have non-standard work hours in accordance with the rigors of fermentation runs.
- Design, execute and analyze fermentation process conditions for microorganisms across the scale from shake-flask to industrial scale bioreactors (500 L)
- Expedite the process improvement and optimization with innovative technical solutions for development of biological products
- Develop and document improved methods for novel products of THL to accelerate product development, scale-up and implementation
- Apply advanced statistical tools and write experimental reports for supporting business and R&D needs
- Use technical writing expertise to author proposals and reports for internal and external research clients
- Design and execute analytical protocols to quantify and qualify cultured organisms as well as products produced
Qualifications - Required
- BS degree in biology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience (BS) or 1-3 years of experience (PhD) working in academic and/or industrial research laboratory
- Prior experience in the operation of bioreactors using industrially relevant micro-organisms
- Experience with common molecular biology techniques: SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, PCR, transformation, plasmid construction, etc.
- Experience with analytical instruments including GC and HPLC
- Ability to travel to tolling sites up to 25% in different states to perform production runs
- Ability to work non-standard hours required of bioprocess engineering
Qualifications - Preferred
- PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in industrial strain improvement using molecular biology techniques is plus
- Experience in leading a fermentation team in a highly diverse environment
- Excellent written communication skills
The position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.