A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact becauseTogether We Have the Power to Win.
The Corporate Environmental Manager's role is to evaluate any potential environmental compliance concerns, provide guidance on mitigation techniques, and clearly communication best practices and the overall status of environmental affairs to all applicable departments within Church & Dwight.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Develop, implement, and maintain corporate environmental policies and procedures to comply with regulatory requirements
· Develops and implements environmental strategies, policies, practices and action plans to ensure corporate sustainable development
· Develop and implement programs to eliminate or mitigate environmental risk based on data analysis
· Effective and timely guidance to the plants with respect to environmental reporting, regulatory correspondence, permit negotiation, and site level environmental capital projects
· Project Management of high impact, high dollar corporate-sponsored environmental capital projects
· Review process changes and new products/raw materials to assess potential environmental impact
· Oversees facility inspections and audits to verify compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements
· Acts as the primary interface between management, consultants, and outside agencies in resolving major environmental issues.
· Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy to ensure compliance with environmental legislation
· Coordinate training and serve as the SME for all transportation management of hazardous materials, specifically IATA and DOT compliance.
· Provides training to environmental department and plant personnel on key environmental issues, environmental requirements and compliance.
· Performs statistical analysis, prepares reports, maintains appropriate compliance records and files required documents with various regulatory agencies within stated deadlines.
· Evaluate and summarize proposed and final environmental regulations and/or programs relevant to the business
· Foster key relationships with internal partners to ensure their teams are aware of the impact their function has on compliance and risk mitigation
· Use key relationships to ensure collaborative execution of Environmental projects from conception to implementation and follow up.
· Design and implement innovative methods to increase employee awareness of, and engagement in, Environmental programs
Education and Experience
· 10+ years of environmental compliance experience in consumer products, chemical or related industry
· Demonstrated leadership role in compliance management at multiple sites
· Experience with Capital Projects
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related science field (Chemical or Environmental preferred)
· Ability to travel 33% of the time
Skills and Compentencies
· Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations
· Proactive, data driven, and strategic approach to environmental management
· Ability to influence others without direct authority
· Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
· Established experience in conducting root cause analysis
· Strong auditing skills with demonstrated ability to define compliance gaps and subsequently develop strategy for improvement
· Well organized and able to handle multiple assignments at one time. Willing to take initiative
· Ability to appropriately interact with all levels of management and governmental officials
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Code of Conduct
· Sexual Harassment Avoidance
· EHS On-Boarding
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
PandoLogic. Keywords: Environmental Services Manager, Location: EWING, NJ - 08629