More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities: This position can be located at any of the FM Global Operations throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, EMEA or APAC.
This role serves as a strategic advisor to the Chief Sustainability Officer and company leadership as a global subject matter authority on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices. In addition to supporting implementation of the global ESG strategy, it plays a key role in engaging with partner groups, benchmarking and assessing KPIs across the organization as well as leading the reporting and disclosure process.
Strategic advisor: Measure and share regular progress toward ESG targets with company leadership. Provide consultation as a subject matter authority on ESG
Stakeholder engagement: Work effectively with internal and external communications teams to develop an integrated plan to engage with key collaborator groups such as employees, clients, brokers and community partners. This is to help ensure the company's ESG priorities remain relevant. Serve as primary liaison between the company and key ESG ratings and ranking firms like Sustainalytics and MSCI.
Benchmarking, tracking and assessment: Coordinate with subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for providing data from existing data systems to ensure continuous improvement of tools for data collection. Lead the company's periodic sustainability materiality assessment. Monitor industry benchmarking and the evolving regulatory environment, along with clients, consumers, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and other market pressures. This will be to advise the company on global best practices with respect to ESG disclosures. Manage, track and update key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to targets and develop a streamlined process for collecting quality ESG data across the organization.
Reporting and communications: Lead the annual ESG reporting and disclosures process, including the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and other disclosures like the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and S&P Corporate Sustainability Assessment. Coordinate ESG communications efforts across multiple internal and external channels. Including: corporate website, digital platforms, press releases, and social media.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 7 years' experience working in corporate ESG or related experience, or 10 years' of commensurate experience.Skills:
- Experience driving development and implementation of ESG strategy for a global company
- Experience working closely with senior executives and board members
- Thorough working knowledge of leading ESG reporting frameworks, including Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) guidelines, Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Experience managing and tracking Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (Scopes 1, 2, and 3) as well as experience with emissions frameworks including but not limited to science-based targets
- Familiarity with the evolving global ESG regulatory landscape
- Experience with Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI, Sustainalytics and other ESG ratings and rankings
- Validated leader with diversity, equity and inclusion as a core strength!
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal strengths and communication skills with an ability to synthesize data heavy messages to key team members
- Confirmed people leadership experience within global teams
The salary range for this position is $138,800 to $199,400. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global's comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.