The Molecular Biology Scientist is expected to lead efforts to generate next-generation antibody technologies for various indications. This position is responsible for discovering novel antibodies using our current antibody platform such as hybridoma, single-B cell cloning, and/or phage/yeast display approaches. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, well organized, able to work on multiple projects in parallel, and have strong communication skills.
* Generate cutting edge therapeutic antibodies in mono and/or bispecific (multi-specific) format(s)
* Design and implement antibody discovery plans (antigen design, immunization strategy, screening assay validation and development, overseeing the execution
* General molecular biology techniques, preferably including but not limited to isolation and purification of DNA/RNA from various sources, purification of recombinant proteins from bacterial cell cultures, mammalian cell culture, PCR, rtPCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, recombinant DNA cloning
* HPLC, protein expression, and QC analytical skills
* Analyze data, interpret results, identify problems, and develop troubleshooting plans
* Present research findings internally and at scientific meetings/conferences
* Proactively review the scientific literature to identify and share new scientific findings, ideas, and methods with other scientists at Abpro
* The position is expected to work on the bench and spend a majority of time in the lab
* Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
* Ph.D. in Chemistry/Molecular Biology/Cell Biology/Immuno-Oncology/Biochemistry or related fields with demonstrated experience in one or more of the antibody discovery platforms, including hybridoma, single B cell cloning, or phage display technologies
* 2+ years of experience in antibody discovery in a biotech/pharma setting
* Proven track record of scientific excellence as evidenced by high impact, peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
* Successful track record of leadership experience
* Knowledge and experience in epigenetics and genomics would be a plus
* Proactive, willing to contribute to bench work in the lab
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and use his/her own judgment to prioritize tasks
* Ability to work under strict deadlines
* Ability to identify problems, make recommendations, and implement timely solutions
* Capability to work within a dynamic matrix environment, with strong contribution to project strategies and progression
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Abpro Corporation is a clinical-stage biotechnology company located in Woburn, Massachusetts. Our mission is to improve the lives of mankind facing severe and life-threatening diseases with next-generation antibody therapies. Abpro's DiversImmune™ platform has been used successfully against 300 traditionally difficult targets. The Company has a pipeline of therapies to treat cancer, eye, autoimmune, infectious diseases, and other areas.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits, and the opportunity to learn and grow in an employee-driven culture. We are seeking individuals with infectious enthusiasm, passion, and conviction who will be committed to our core values and mission. If you thrive in an upbeat, energetic, collaborative environment where every individual counts, we are looking for you!
For more information, visit https://abpro.com