Description - External*****************This Chemist role can be filled at the Chemist Level OR the Sr Chemist Level. Please see minimum qualifications list below for each level***********************************
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services, and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Chemist 3 position is multifold. It involves providing direction and managing chemistry programs, reviewing data, monitoring performance, communicating with other station departments, maintaining regulatory compliance, writing reports, managing special projects, training personnel, maintaining analytical and radioanalytical instrumentation, maintain in-line instrumentation, maintain quality control and participating in the GSEP and Duty rotation. This position will routinely function in a mentoring role and utilizes experience to function with minimal oversight. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and manage chemistry programs which entails review and analysis of chemistry data. Plant walkdowns, and participation in plant troubleshooting plans. (50%)
- Provide leadership and mentoring in responsibilities to support Chemistry programs and communication with the site. This will include developing others as back up support and directing key projects. (35%)
- Receive and provide Chemistry training, which includes preparing and delivering lesson plans associated with chemistry. Observe and participate in classroom training activities. (5%)
- Participate in GSEP and Duty rotation. Subject to call out as required in support of station requirements. (5%)
- Participate on Station Oversight Committee(SOC) (5%)
Individual contributor position. Directs, mentors, monitors, communicates and drives performance changes for specific programs as assigned. Ensures department participation in training and GSEP. Communicates status of Chemistry programs within Station organization. Directs and manages special projects. Participates in the duty rotation.Qualifications
Qualifications - ExternalChemist
Job Code XBAFMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 year chemistry or related degree and 2 years as Chemist 1 or directly related experience
- OR Minimum of 5 years directly applicable experience
- OR Achieved Chemistry Technician qualification with 5 years Nuclear chemistry experience OR Navy ELT
- Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical degree
Job Code XBAGMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 year BS chemistry or related degree and minimum of 6 years related exempt/professional experience
- Or Achieved Chemistry Technician qualification or Navy ELT with 2 years as a Chemist
- Or 8 years nuclear plant experience with a minimum 5 years in operations, chemistry, or radwaste
- Or 3 years as a Chemist
- Chemistry, engineering, or related technical degree
- Technical experience related to specific chemistry program assignments, such as radiochemistry, primary chemistry, raw water experience. Or 8 years nuclear plant experience with a minimum 5 years in operations, chemistry, or radwaste or 3 years as a Chemist
- Salary staring from $87,300 to $103,000 depending on level of experience.
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polymer synthesis, polypropylene, polyurethane