Environmental, Climate and Energy Manager
* Dublin, VA 24084, USA
* Area of expertise: QHSE
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring an Environmental, Climate and Energy Manager to join our growing team in Dublin, VA.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!
The Environmental, Climate and Energy Position provides leadership, directing and coordinating creation and implementation of the Climate Master Plan, energy and sustainability programs across all departments and the community. Develop strategic partnerships to meet the carbon emissions reduction goals of the Climate Master Plan, energy conservation programs, sustainability initiatives and associated education and outreach programs. Serve as a Plant resource for emissions reduction and sustainability efforts. Responsibilities include program development, implementation, and reporting. Use technical software to model, monitor and evaluate progress towards meeting goals. Serve as staff liaison to both internal and external community partner organizations. Report on compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
You will work independently under general supervision of the Director of Quality, CI and Environmental and the Vice-President of the company. Work closely with the Plant staff, regional, local, and global resources and Global. You may supervise own staff and provide daily direction to employees, as: Engineers, Coordinators, interns, volunteers, consultants, extra labor, or temporary employees as assigned.
* Directs, develops, plans, organizes, and implements the Plant Climate Master Plan, including the Climate Action Plan, emissions reductions and renewable energy supply, climate adaption planning, data collection and modeling efforts, and other environmental sustainability initiatives.
* Responsible for overall program strategy, evaluation, budget preparation and monitoring, cost-estimating and problem-solving.
* Responds and adapts to changing program priorities and goals as set by Plant staff.
* Measures and tracks metrics for success; uses technical software to conduct and analyze greenhouse gas emissions inventories, and model, monitor and evaluate the Plant progress towards meeting Climate Action goals.
* Implements program revisions and updates based on the effectiveness of current program elements.
* Facilitates implementation of the Climate Action Plan and sustainability goals and measures across all NRV departments.
* Meets with department leadership across the Plant, research strategies and recommends changes to departments, helps problem-solve implementation issues, and tracks progress towards goals.
* Coordinates with Plant departments to evaluate, develop and strengthen departmental and plant-wide policies.
* Conducts research, analyzes information and data, and synthesizes research findings into high quality work products, including informative summaries, fact sheets, presentations, and reports.
* Distills and translates complex information into clear, compelling materials for diverse audiences.
* Performs research and analysis of emission reduction measures to inform program implementation efforts.
* Conducts greenhouse emissions assessments using industry standards.
* Works closely with Education and Outreach staff to plan and develop education programs to promote implementation of Climate Action Plan measures and other sustainability initiatives including public awareness and behavior change programs.
* Develops and manages contracts and interlocal agreements to implement Climate Action Plan measures as needed.
* Develops, writes, and administers grant applications in support of the Plant's climate and energy programs.
* Serves as the Plant's climate and energy programs liaison to outside entities including jurisdictions, agencies, contractors, and non-governmental partners.
* Develops strategic partnerships within the community to facilitate and expand emissions reduction and energy conservation efforts in support of the Climate Action Plan.
* Monitors federal, state and/or local regulations and guidance and recommends actions to achieve compliance with Environmental, climate and energy policies and practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Environmental Management, Energy Studies, or related field.
* Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience, including program management, in emissions reductions programs or related field.
* Requires knowledge of emission reduction strategies and practices.
* Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
* Knowledge of common functions and issues in Heavy Industries, Manufacturing or Automotive Industry is preferred.
* A combination of experience and training that provides the applicant with the knowledge and skills to perform the job will be considered.
* Employment contingent upon passing a criminal conviction and local background check.
* Knowledge of current trends, practices, technology, and information affecting the Environmental, climate and energy fields.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of Automotive Industry, or equivalent, department's roles and responsibilities specifically related to environmental, energy/resource conservation including knowledge of comprehensive and technical plans and work programs.
* Current principles, practices, strategies, and techniques related to energy conservation, specifically which is derived from fossil fuel sources.
* Federal, state, and local environmental, energy and climate change codes, regulations, and policies.
* Demonstrated understanding of climate change issues, including greenhouse gas inventories and strategies for reducing gas emissions.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle challenging situations with tact and sensitivity.
* Excellent organizational and documentation skills, with great attention to detail.
* Excellent project management skills, including skill in planning, organizing, evaluating, and analyzing problems and implementing plans and programs and resolving issues.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Work independently, with minimal guidance, as well as an ability to work effectively in a team.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects, balance competing demands, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
* Communicate complex information clearly using simple, commonly accepted language.
* Ability to make effective, polished public presentations.
* Make effective and appropriate decision based on available date.
* Ability to maintain profession functions of position in changing and uncertain organizational conditions.
* Envision, develop, write, and administer grant applications in support of the Plant's Climate Master Plan.
* Proficiency in using software applications such as spreadsheet, database management, presentation, and word processing programs.
* Use tact, discretion, persuasion, diplomacy, respect, and courtesy to gain the cooperation and commitment of others; facilitate groups; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships and rapport with departments, officials, the media, representatives of other groups, agencies, entities or businesses, and diverse members of the public, as needed.
* Organize, prioritize, and coordinate work projects, plans and assignments while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Research, collect, analyze, organize, synthesize, and present a variety of research data accurately and clearly in written or graphic form including computer-generated products.
* Remain flexible while working in a multi-task environment, easily adapt to shifting priorities, maintain an objective perspective, set, and achieve goals, and adapt to new and changing technology.
* Read, understand, interpret, and apply appropriately terminology, instructions, policies, procedures, legal requirements and regulations pertinent to environmental and energy/resource conservation programs.
* Work independently or cooperatively as a member of a team.
* Maintain consistent and punctual attendance.
* Willingness and ability to demonstrate: Results Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
* Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job, including:
* Traverse uneven terrain.
* Ascend ladders.
* Crawl into tight spaces.
* Frequently operate a computer and read a computer screen or typewritten page.
* Frequently communicate verbally.
* Correctible visual acuity, hearing, and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a motor vehicle.
* Move between work sites.
* All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Work is performed primarily in an office setting with extensive time spent at a computer workstation.
* Requires field work including working outdoors in all weather conditions and working around industrial equipment with moving parts.
* May also require occasional travel.
* Required to attend meetings or perform duties outside of normal office hours.