Environmental Health & Safety ManagerOverview
This position is responsible for all EH&S programming at plant level. This position administers facility Workers Compensation, OSHA compliance programming and necessary medical care/case management.Responsibilities
- Operational Excellence Safety Pillar Champion for facility.
- Coordinates facility Behavior Based Safety program for facility, including analysis of data collected from observations.
- Coordinates and consults with other facilities regarding compliance and policy matters.
- Ensure regular and on-going hazard identification and abatement programming in the facility.
- Represents company's interests in compliance enforcement actions and civil litigation.
- Responsible for accident investigation, oversees abatement of causation.
- Performs safety inspection/preparation of annual safety audit of facility by corporate.
- Administers workers compensation claims management for accidents/injuries, documentation, medical treatment and follow-up(s) & record retention.
- Coordinates OSHA required safety training for employees and maintains OSHA required documentation for plant programs.
- Maintains OSHA and Worker's Compensation required documentation of injury/accident data.
- Works with HR to conduct/coordinate all location safety/certification training records & compliance data as required.
- Maintains close working relationship with all departments and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
- Provides analysis of trends & costs associated with safety to plant management and corporate safety.
- Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
- Ensures compliance to quality, facility security, food safety and HAACP support programs where applicable; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Ensures compliance to all safety requirements, environmental reporting and policies.
- Provides and coordinates training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
- Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
- Coordinates with department managers and shift supervisors to ensure an incident-free shift start-up.
- Compile & submit information for all required department, corporate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, housekeeping and safety in the plant area.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self motivated.
- Ability to drive the safety program and engage associates within all levels of the organization.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good understanding of operations.
- Experience with Safety, Security, OHSA, & Worker's Comp administration in a manufacturing environment, preferably a food industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred, 5 years of experience in EHS profession necessary.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and results of the EH&S function at the facility. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training, scheduling, appraising and investigating incidents; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances, resolving problems and interpreting policies.