Wilson Construction Company has an immediate opening for an Environmental Coordinator in northern California. This is a field-based position, reporting to the El Dorado Hills office. The Environmental Department specializes in environmental permitting and compliance management as it relates to the electrical utility construction industry. Our team brings expertise to construction projects in the areas of permitting, onsite inspection and monitoring, erosion and sediment control implementation, mitigation planning, restoration and revegetation, and environmental training.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of field projects, including managing environmental compliance on construction projects. This position will include a significant portion of the time spent in the field at various job sites across northern California. Candidate must work well in a professional and team-oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office applications required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducting field monitoring and inspecting for environmental compliance (hydrocarbon spills, erosion and sediment control, sensitive resource mitigation).
• Developing plans to meet mitigation requirements on a given project.
• Implementing erosion and stormwater controls at construction sites.
• Availability to travel as needed and spend extended periods of time at project locations distant from the El Dorado Hills office.
• Interaction and effective communication with all levels of Project Management staff, field superintendents, clients, and vendors.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Natural Resources, Biology, or another related field preferred.
• Work experience in a related/relevant field (stormwater, geology, hydrology, biology, etc.).
• Experience conducting and documenting field work.
• Capable of performing strenuous fieldwork and walking long distances.
• Must be able to routinely lift items greater than 50 pounds in weight.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of staff and personality types.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Strong attention to detail and organization.
• Must be able to work outside and travel, as necessary.
• Must have a valid state driver's license.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, 401(k), personal time off and holiday pay.
Wilson Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer and random drug tests.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume via our website through the Opportunities page: www.wilsonconst.com