EXCELLENT Environmental Health & Safety Opportunity - Phenomenal Growth Potential, Compensation $$$
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sean Carney
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 per yearA bit about us:
A well established (coming up on 100 years of operation!) manufacturing company with family-first roots. With various specializations, this continually growing manufacturing firm serves in multiple areas including health/beauty, sports, entertainment, ticketing, and photography, with new innovative products coming soon!
The ideal candidate will come with a Bachelors Degree of Environmental Sciences (or similar), and 1+ years of related experienceWhy join us?
- 401K / Match
- Amazing benefits!
- Promotional Opportunities
- Top Compensation
- Modern workspaces
- Career Development / Innovation Technology
- Gather data daily, weekly, and monthly and generate reports.
- The incumbent has the shared responsibility with the Corporate Environmental Manager for ensuring compliance with all State and Federal environmental laws and for developing strategies for compliance with changes in the laws.
- The incumbent is expected to call the Corporate Environmental Manager and Company's managements' attention to issues in this regard.
- Interpret regulations as promulgated.
- Prepare plans as needed to comply with various input.
- Conduct training for various programs as needed.
- Data entry for ink and paste usage for VOC reports - Completed within one week of current date.
- Review production journals and audit against Vision system.
- Investigate missing production journals with representatives of Manufacturing.
- Make copies of production journals and help maintain historical records.
- Maintain MSDS/SDS program. Acquire, scan into MSDS Finder and maintain historical MSDS and SDS records.
- Maintain monthly Make-up Solvent Spreadsheet. Within one month of current month.
- Maintain monthly Water Usage Spreadsheet.
- Work with consultants and regulators on compliance issues as required
- Must be prepared to support the Corporate Environmental Manager and Company management as public spokesperson for the Company on environmental compliance issues as required.
- Collect data for yearly reporting and generate reports.
- Perform regular in-house audits of environmental compliance. Report progress and status of compliance efforts to management with emphasis on areas that need improvement on a regular basis.
- Assume total responsibility for the TURA Program - planning and implementation.
- Generate shipping documents for dangerous goods packages, including certifying shipments. Maintain DOT certification for shipment of Hazardous Waste.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S) from four-year college or university preferred; two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Specific courses required: Laboratory sciences, Environmental Science, data processing and computer science and 2-4 years in environmental functions.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.