Sirius Staffing is seeking a Microbiology Lab Technician for a Temp to hire opportunity in Birmingham, AL. please contact us today for more information!
This position is responsible for conducting routine microbiological testing, documentation, and data analysis, of utilities, raw materials, facilities and equipment. Additionally, the microbiology technician will be responsible for upkeep of the laboratory, laboratory supplies, and other various routine laboratory tasks.
* Environmental Monitoring - Monitoring of Classified Areas using a) active/passive air sampling methods and RODAC/swab surface sampling methods for the detection of bacteria and fungi; and b) CliMet air sampling methods for the detection of Total Particulates; trending of this data to detect anomalies, and characterize the transient and resident microflora.
* Utilities -Testing of a) city water for total microbial count and the absence of enteric organisms; b) pre-treat water, clean steam and Water for Injection for total microbial count and presence of endotoxins; and c) nitrogen and process air for total microbial count and total particulates.
* Utilizes classical microbiological methods for the identification of microorganisms.
* Perform validation activities such as biological indictor recovery, bioburden rinse/swab, endotoxin rinse and endotoxin challenge vial testing.
* Data analysis and entry into software systems such as Microbiology Information Management Systems (MIMS).
* GMP Documentation - Document test results and conclusions in a GMP manner. Ensure test forms are complete before submission for approval.
* Performs responsibilities in compliance with the companies quality systems.
* Adheres to all company safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and directives.
* Conducts all laboratory activities in a safe manner by use of MSDS to establish chemical hazards, observes the appropriate laboratory procedures and reports all incidents that could threaten the safety of laboratory personnel
* Bachelor's degree in microbiology, biological sciences, or related field of study
* Minimum 1 yr. experience in a clinical, academic, or industrial/pharmaceutical microbiology laboratories.
* Experience in microbiological assays and testing.
* Desired experience in environmental monitoring and trending.
* Desired experience in the testing of utilities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
* Proficiency in Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
* Excellent computer skills including experience with spreadsheets and databases.
* Ability to use a respirator.
* Ability to work with microorganisms and hot liquids.
Sirius Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.