Are you a results-driven problem-solver, eager to positively change the world? Do you believe that climate change is the biggest issue facing us today? Then the Biomason team needs you. Biomason is the leading company employing biology to produce cement. Since 2012, the company has used microorganisms to grow structural biocement® in ambient temperatures, harnessing the power of biotechnology to reinvent traditional cement and offer a more planet-friendly alternative. Biocement will eliminate 25% of the concrete industry's global carbon emissions by 2030.
Biomason is privately held and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For additional information, please go to the company's website at www.biomason.com. We offer a rich benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match, gracious time off, and more!
We are seeking dedicated, passionate, and hard working individuals to become part of our ever-growing team in Research Triangle Park, NC. Join Biomason and help us end the world's dependence on carbon-emitting construction materials. Let's change the way we build.
The R&D Laboratory Intern at Biomason will provide support to multiple research technicians and scientists daily. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Core Labs. This position will assist in daily lab operation activities and research & development projects to meet the development requirements within corporate timelines. Expected hours for this part-time position will be 15-20 hours per week with employee benefits provided.
* Assist and provide support in laboratories
* Maintain labware
* Autoclave supplies
* Assist with safe laboratory waste disposal procedures
* Assist in media preparation
* Maintain Lab
* Proper disposal of biological liquid wastes
* Sterilize glassware and other supplies
* Restock cabinets with sterile materials
* Assist in media preparation
* Inventory lab consumables, restock and request order refills
* Assist in sample preparation
* Sample analyses (gasometer, calcium kit, pH, EC, etc)
* Microbial isolations and inoculations
* Undergraduate student in Biological Science field or equivalent, in Junior or Senior year, at an accredited college or university
* Hands-on laboratory experience in educational environment
* Familiar with common laboratory procedures including autoclaving, glassware washing, and media preparation preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Understanding of laboratory record keeping and organizational skills
* Listens to instructions, learns quickly, and adheres to standard operating procedures
* Committed to safety and quality
* Ability to lift 15 pounds
* Remain stationary for long periods of time, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
* Typical laboratory and office environments
Biomason Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.