Kymera Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on advancing the field of targeted protein degradation (TPD), a transformative new approach to address previously intractable disease targets. Kymera's Pegasus™ TPD platform harnesses the body's natural protein recycling machinery to degrade disease-causing proteins, with a focus on undrugged nodes in validated pathways currently inaccessible with conventional therapeutics. Kymera's mission is to discover, develop, and commercialize transformative therapies while leading the evolution of targeted protein degradation. Kymera's goal is to become a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of novel medicines, with an initial focus on immune-inflammatory diseases and oncology.
The Vice President/ED, Oncology Biology is a newly created role within the company due to the growth and evolution of the pipeline. The new Vice President/ED will possess biology, drug discovery and therapeutic expertise with a track record of success, working with peers and stakeholders across multiple disciplines to drive multiple projects through preclinical research and into the clinic. The new VP/ED will be an experienced and inspiring leader who knows how to manage a large team and balance portfolio risk in a small company environment. The successful candidate will lead by example, both strategically and at the direct hands-on level to identify and solve problems by driving efficient decisions. This is a highly strategic role within Kymera, and the individual who joins will have a strong Oncology Biology background with the ability to oversee other departments. This is an opportunity to be a future successor to the current SVP of Biology.
* Direct leadership and strategic input from target ID to clinical translation of oncology pipeline programs
* Mentor/Manage of group of project
* Provide biology and drug discovery leadership to multiple drug discovery programs in Kymera's oncology pipeline, driving projects from early discovery into clinical development
* Collaborate with other key stakeholders to define clear target product profile and project strategy
* Bring a rigorous and efficient science-first philosophy to enable the rapid advancement of high-quality differentiated development candidates to the clinic
* Direct and prioritize efforts at both Contract Research Organizations and in Kymera's labs as needed to address key questions and drive progression within aggressive timelines
* Enable program success through building external relationships to bring appropriate scientific experts to identify and solve key problems within programs
* Represent the program team in discussions with management, scientific advisors, and external stakeholders
* Work with management to ensure progress to goals and flexibly manage priorities in a dynamic scientifically rigorous small company environment
* PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, or related discipline with a minimum of 15 years of relevant drug discovery experience, including project leadership experience
* Experience in both large and small company environments is preferred
* Demonstrated experience leading multiple small molecule drug discovery programs to IND with a track record of driving to success and making timely decisions in a dynamic and driven
* Expertise in the subject area of Oncology, with a track record of translating molecular understanding of disease processes into competitive clinical positioning of projects
* Highly proficient with cell biology and pharmacology with experience in integrating other disciplines, including DMPK and safety to identify and solve key issues in drug optimization
* Attention to detail and proven success in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage discussions with a variety of audiences ranging from junior team members to Board of Directors
* Demonstrated capability to collaborate with, lead, influence and inspire team members, stakeholders, peers and more junior staff
* Enthusiastic, goal-driven, open-minded, creative and self-aware, with excellent communications, strategic and people-leadership skills
* Willingness to "roll up their sleeves" and engage at the direct hands-on level to ensure that decisions are implemented and driven to results.