Microbiologist/Analytical Chemist (Intermediate) Contract 6 months+
Preliminary start date: 11/28/2022
IN YOUR RESUME PLEASE INCLUDE A NUMBER OF YEARS NEXT TO EACH REQUIRED AND DESIRED SKILL FROM THE JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW:
The Microbial Viability Lab in a Small Molecules Team is looking for a Microbiologist/Analytical chemist to contribute to generate and analyze data for different projects in the pipeline aiming to use microorganisms to improve plant health and growth. Contract is for six months with possibility of extension based on performance.
* Support studies from various projects within Bayer by analyzing different microbial species.
* Perform microbial viability and stability assays according to standard protocols.
* Process samples to recover microbes to culture them in different media.
* Perform analysis of chemical compounds present in samples.
* Generates and delivers reports to different groups within company.
* Operate, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on lab equipment.
* Assists with lab maintenance and re-stocking tasks.
* Interact with different groups inside and outside the organization.
* Bachelors in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related field with 3-5 years of experience.
* Experience with microbiology techniques (microbial isolation, culture, characterization), interpretation and reporting of analytical data.
* Experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA isolation, purification, PCR), interpretation and reporting of molecular biology data.
* Experience with LC instruments, techniques, maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Proficient in chromatography software and analysis, interpretation and reporting of data.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Sample and Solution preparation experience for microbiology and analytical chemistry workflows.
* Knowledge and experience of GLPs.
* Results oriented.
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication.
* Ability to interact and collaborate with different groups inside and outside the company
* Independent or able to work with minimal supervision.
* Able to plan, execute, troubleshoot and prioritize experiments and report results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Masters Degree
* Experience identifying and isolating secondary metabolites from plants.
* Experience in High throughput setting.
* Experience/knowledge of Lean Practices.
* Experience /knowledge of LIMS in biological/chemical lab settings.