Job Position : Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Location : San Jose California
Reports to: EHS Manager
We have an immediate need for a Senior Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to assist with the environmental management system, as well as health and safety demands of our workforce. This effort will enhance customer satisfaction, ensure regulatory compliance, prevent pollution, improve employee morale, and achieve the company's strategic business development goals. The Senior EHS Specialist will work in close collaboration with various departments and is expected to have exceptional execution skills and professional judgment, as well as be self-motivated and work with considerable independence. This position is responsible for providing support in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with Federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
* Conducts investigations and root cause analysis and may make resolution recommendations. Implements corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed. Maintains various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required. Assists in job hazard assessments by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements. Participates in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
* Maintains EHS files and records. Modifies and implements compliance tracking programs and recordkeeping systems. Must be proficient in Excel.
* Assists in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and guidance documents. Records data and compiles it into statistical analyses and reports.
* Monitors environmental compliance issues and provides assistance with workplace safety matters. Performs and/or oversees environmental monitoring for facility discharges, storm water management and otherenvironmental related permits. Performs routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as waste inventories, vendor scheduling and waste haul oversight, and manifest tracking and filing.
* Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations. Coordinates with others for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently and effectively.
* Assists in maintaining, updating and coordinating EHS training programs including setup and use of training management system.
* Participates in EHS committee meetings. Attends meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions. May respond to emergency situations.
* Performs additional functions incidental to health and safety activities.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Manage Chemical and SDS inventories. This includes updating, filing, indexing, scanning into PC hundreds of SDS, and helping to update HMBP plans electronically and manually.
2. Perform Job Safety Analysis (JSA); Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) surveys.
3. Assist with conducting the Company safety committees.
4. Perform data entry and assist with recordkeeping/filling of required safety documentation.
5. Prepare EHS communications, metrics and reports.
6. Conduct EHS audits and inspections; develop audit reports.
Skills and Experience:
· AA or BS in a science major
· 3-5 years of experience in Environmental, Safety & Health
· Understand Cal-OSHA regulations
· Have basic Industrial Hygiene and occupational safety knowledge
· Must have good interaction skills and have the ability to build liaisons between the different company departments and the EHS
· Excellent skills using Excel, Power Point, and other MS software