Duties and Responsibilities:
* Independently conducts Wetland delineation and mitigation projects.
* Permit preparation in VA; including general permit preparation for well sites and pipeline projects, plant and soil identification.
* Prepare technical evaluations and validate analytical data retrieved from field work, conducting corrective actions.
* Collect, analyze, and report on environmental data, such as soil or water samples.
* Compare results and methods to federal and local regulations and guidelines, reporting on the gaps and achievements.
* Follows corporate quality and safety procedures and standards.
* Operates instruments, track test results, and troubleshoot when problems arise.
* Technical report writing.
* Compile and submit permit packages to state agencies.
* Accurately completes daily time report.
* Participate in field visits as required by project needs.
* Attend industry training events as requested by senior management.
* Work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
* Other tasks requested by Project Manager.
* B.S. in Environmental Sciences or similar field from an accredited university. Applicable industry experience may be substituted at the discretion of senior management.
* 3+ years' experience in environmental field.
* USACE-based Wetland Delineation Certification is preferred.
* 3-5 years of stream and Wetland delineations and associated reports/permits.
* Prior field experience
* Experience in permit preparation in VA, including general permit preparation for well sites and pipeline projects, plant and soil identification, and an understanding of rare, threatened, and endangered species clearances.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Valid driver's license.
* Professional Wetland Scientist Certification or Wetland Scientist in Training is preferred.
* Knowledge of field data collection and GPS technology.