We are currently searching for a Molecular Biologist to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Perform FPLC purification of proteins of interest.
* Analyze, design, and clone expression plasmids.
* Independently culture bacterial and mammalian cells.
* Perform transformations, transfection, selection, cloning, and maintenance of cells.
* Aid in the rationale design of immunogens, probes, and binding antigens.
* Perform pilot testing of purified antigens for purity and function.
* Assist and collaborate on the design and development of viral proteins from multiple sources, specifically for use as B cell probes or serological analyses accordingly.
* Carry out purification efforts for production of candidate viral proteins for use in immune screening.
* Perform parallel purification of related or unrelated antigens, sometimes on a high throughput format.
* Develop high-throughput and automated protein purification methodology, where required.
* Produce research reagents using either transient expression techniques or by expansion of stable cell lines or pools.
* Liaise and perform experimental quality investigations e.g., antigenicity experiments on protein purification, optimization of cell culture conditions.
* Design, propose, and perform experiments in the area of protein purification process development, capturing and communicating the results in several formats, as well as research groups outside the program.
* Follow protocols to complete assays in an organized, aseptic, high-throughput manner.
* Work collaboratively with team members and collaborators to complete all tasks for the day, but also be accountable as an individual for personal tasks.
* Utilize various laboratory equipment such as Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC), centrifuge, pipettes, liquid nitrogen tank, and others.
* Work with dry ice, freezers, and liquid nitrogen tanks to store clinical samples, and perform clinical testing in a BSL-2 environment while always wearing appropriate PPE.
* Participate in project and laboratory meetings, keep current with the literature in the field and help assure the laboratory maintains its state-of-the-art status; publish results and studies in peer reviewed journals.
* B.S. with five (5+) years of relative experience OR an M.S. with two (2+) years of ‘direct' protein-handling experience.
* Experience isolating proteins by column chromatography (affinity, IEx and SEC), FPLC, buffer-exchange.
* Experience with molecular biology techniques such as plasmid cloning.
* Experience performing mammalian cell culture and with aseptic technique.
* Experience working in a BSL-2 environment.
* Working knowledge of protein structural modelling and visualization (PyMol, Alphafold).
* Experience with immunoassays such as ELISAs and/or flow cytometry a plus.
* Ability to work well with others and independently.
* Knowledge of viral and vaccine immunology.
* Expertise in molecular biology and design of expression vectors, transfection techniques, screening of cells expressing recombinant proteins and knowledge of classical purification methods such as ammonium sulfate precipitation.
* Demonstrated ability to study biomolecular interactions using ELISA as well as the use of label-free methods such as BioLayer Interferometry and SPR.
* Familiarity with scientific graphing and statistics software (GraphPad Prism, etc.)
* Basic computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Background in biology, chemistry, biochemistry and/or biophysics
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.