At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
We are looking to fill a Scientist 2 position working as a full-time employee of ExecuPharm / Parexel FSP on long-term assignment onsite at one of our clients in Rahway, NJ. This position offers full benefits, sick time, 401K, paid holidays, and paid time off. If interested, please send an electronic copy of your resume to email@example.com. This position does not offer any sponsorship.
* Bachelor's degree required; concentration in a scientific or applied discipline strongly preferred
* A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a related role required (occasional overtime)
Required Skills and Experience
* Solid microbiology foundation with experience in performing product testing
* Proven technical writing skills (SOPs, protocols)
Desired Skills and Experience
* Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries preferred
* Experience with environmental monitoring and water testing preferred
MICROBIOLOGICAL PRODUCT ANALYSIS
* Analyze samples and compile meaningful data
* Perform Investigations and prepare/respond to CAPA
* Review, revise Test Procedures/Standard Operating Procedures
* Ad Hoc work
MICROBIOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES Include (but not limited to) :
* Receive, verify & Log in samples
* Return templates and shipping paperwork when and where appropriate
* Compile and trend data
* Prepare and ship materials offsite for ID/testing (when applicable)
* Environmental monitoring
* Stock culture management and quality control of same
* Biological indicator management
* Bioburden testing
* Water sampling
* Microbiological media management and quality control of same
* Sterilization activities
* Research experiments as deemed appropriate by Merck management
* Method Validation/Qualification
* Execute "Before-Use" calibrations prior to performing testing
* Review calibration data within the ELN
* Prepare and submit equipment for calibrations (offsite or onsite)
* Complete calibration/PM paperwork
* PROCAL Entries
GMP ACTIVITIES :
* Prepare GMP documentation as requested by management
* Perform laboratory sanitizations and ensure cleanliness of laboratory workspace
* Perform equipment sanitizations (incubators / hoods / refrigerators)
* Purchase supplies (GMP)
* Prepare and send documents to Records Center
* Initiate, facilitate, and perform Investigations and NOEs (Notice of Event-NOE) for Environmental samples [NOE for Microbiological Environment Event (MEN)]
* Inform management of non-conforming events
* Participate in audits (Regulatory, In-house, Corporate)
* Participate in self-inspections and safety inspections
* Retrieve data when requested by Microbiology management
* Complete assigned training when required
* Ensure training is complete prior to performing tasks
This position requires an average of four hours per week (16 hours per month) beyond the standard 40-hour week. Compensation for this is built into the salary.
This role may be subject to government and/or customer requirements regarding vaccination against COVID-19 that are more stringent than Parexel policy. Accordingly, successful applicants may need to be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
ExecuPharm is the North American clinical operations business within Parexel FSP, which includes the CMC Operations group. We provide pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies with qualified and talented technical professionals to support the development and delivery of new therapies.
For results-driven and caring individuals who want to make a meaningful difference in the world, Parexel is trusted by life sciences companies to meet their long-term staffing needs for scientists and engineers and related professionals in discovery and development of novel therapies, keeping patients at the center of everything we do, and where an inclusive community helps you be your best, transforming any career into a life-changing achievement.
Come join us!
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.