Position Purpose: The primary purpose of the Plant Safety and Environmental Manager is to establish, promote, and maintain safety, environmental and health compliance programs, and activities for the IPG Marysville facility. This includes daily compliance programs, future compliance planning, training, government regulatory reporting, and workers' compensation.
1. Administer and manage environmental, health and safety management systems and programs including but not limited to compliance monitoring, reporting, training, recordkeeping, and policy implementation.
2. Partner with plant leadership and serve as the SME regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations including but not limited to Renewable Operating Permit (MACT, Title V), National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit, OSHA Process Safety Management PSM), Underground Storage Tanks and Large Quantity Hazardous Waste Generator.
3. Coordinate with project and site leadership to create and achieve short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures which prioritize and mitigate risks.
4. Administer the development and implementation of risk assessment methods and systems to anticipate, identify and evaluate hazards.
5. Facilitate and coach multiple safety teams focusing on activities such as Process Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Analysis, education and awareness, safety work orders, Behavior Based Safety, incident reviews and lockout/tagout.
6. Facilitate the Responsible Tape Program at the Marysville location and audition other IPG site programs.
7. Lead Corporate Safety Pillar Team tasked with developing, standardizing, and auditing IPS environmental,
health and safety programs across all North American Operations.
8. Participate on Corporate IPS Steering Team as required.
9. Coordinate and participate in company initiatives such as pre-start up safety reviews, Management of Change and
risk mitigation as needed.
10. Act on behalf of the company with all regulatory agencies.
11. Coordinate testing (air, water, waste, exposure, etc.) for permit support and to ensure compliance.
12. Any other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager or Corporate EHS Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position.The Safety and Environmental Manager will maintain personal compliance with IPG's Safety and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and will actively communicate the provisions of the Code to assure broad support and understanding of the program.
Essential Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in environmental, health and safety or related field.
* Five to ten years of successful, progressive experience in environmental, health and safety in a manufacturing environment.
* Sporadic travel is a requirement of the job, dictated by the needs of the business.
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Possess understanding of financial and other business measurements and apply them effectively.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Marysville, MI 48040: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* What are your salary expectations?
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* EHS: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location