To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Scientist to join Altos Labs. We are seeking highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated about using their expertise to make impactful contributions for unraveling the deep biology of cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, including basic science, pre-clinical, and clinical-stage programs. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to work on unraveling biological processes using spatial imaging technologies .
* Study the mechanistic basis of cell health and rejuvenation using imaging based technologies
* Work closely with team and collaborators to implement emerging spatial imaging technologies for RNA, proteins or metabolites.
* Engage in ground-breaking and innovative science.
* Support and manage internal/external collaborations in one or more multidisciplinary projects to accelerate essential research activities.
* Responsible for developing project-specific experimental strategies, techniques, and procedures.
* Responsible for helping PI train lab members, including scientists and technicians.
* Responsible for managing research projects with PI, including coordination of the activities of lab members, including scientists and technicians.
* Contribute to writing and dissemination of research
Who You Are
* PhD with a minimum of 2 years of relevant academic or industrial research experience related to cell and molecular biology.
* A documented record of professional achievement in the form of impactful publications.
* Excellent professional writing skills and the ability to attune through writing and presentations to a variety of audiences including senior executives through entry-level employees.
* Problem-solving skills sufficient to identify issues, conduct research, and develop innovative solutions.
* Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of people, including staff colleagues, lab members, faculty, outside agencies and collaborators, and the community.
* Excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Google apps, Excel, and Powerpoint graphic skills to produce documents and manage office projects.
* Demonstrated experience using tissue imaging technologies to address complex biological problems (e.g. through tissue sectioning, immunofluorescent staining, immunohistochemistry, FISH, confocal microscopy).
* Demonstrated experience coordinating basic research projects.
* Experience working with human tissues and animal models.
* Experience with RNA in situ hybridization techniques.
* Familiarity and/or interest in application of spatial transcriptomic technologies.
* Familiarity with genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and/or epigenomics.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning, and Belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/