Atlas is a nationwide leader in civil engineering, materials testing and geotechnical consulting services for environmental, industrial and infrastructure construction projects. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Atlas currently has over 3,500 employees and 140 offices throughout the US. It's no accident that Atlas creates a better experience for infrastructure and environmental projects. It's how we are built - with the best people in the industry, with the reach and expertise to help at any and every step of the project, and with a heart-led approach that puts quality and safety at the center of everything we do. We're just built to be better.
We are a great company. Come join us!
Environmental Scientist to perform soil/groundwater sampling; perform staff level air, water, and waste environmental compliance reporting and sampling; perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and property due diligence assessments; and support various projects in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area.
Essential Job Functions
* Work activities include compiling data for project reports, collecting and compiling field data as required, documenting technical data for management review, providing other duties as assigned.
* Collection of air, water, waste, wastewater, groundwater, and soil samples.
* Collection and interpretation/evaluation of scientific data
* Responsible for executing scope and maintaining schedule and budget goals for defined tasks
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Development of plans, specifications, analyses, evaluations, maps, position papers, procedures and reports
* Communication of technical concepts, evaluation results, plans, and reports
* Ensures conformance to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures
* Field oversight of contractors
* Provides technical support to projects in all phases of work and a variety of scopes that include conceptual design, site characterization, remediation design, procurement, and construction
* Must have a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or Engineering.
* Must have 1 to 5 years' experience
* Experience performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments in accordance with ASTM standards.
* Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and Refresher Training
* Experience performing field assignments including environmental sampling activities desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Possess physical strength, stamina and dexterity to perform environmental site activities including field sampling and site reconnaissance
* Adhere to ATLAS and site specific safety standards
* Ability to travel periodically and perform field assignments including environmental sampling
* Ability to read and interpret maps and directions as well as project specifications & plans
* Experience in environmental consulting desired
* Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
* Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must have the ability to work independently and on project teams
Atlas EEO Statement
Atlas Technical Consultants is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atlas Technical Consultants makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy. https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf