We are currently searching for a Biologist to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Utilize established SOP's to execute testing for clinical research trials.
* Document testing parameters according to GCLP guidelines and analyze testing results.
* Write and revise SOPs, evaluation and developments reports and analytical plans.
* Develop testing activities and method protocols with senior staff.
* Maintain cell lines and reagents necessary for assays.
* Develop, optimize, and execute qualification and validation of methods.
* Improve existing methodology and generation of novel research experiments while maintaining detailed documentation as per the SOPs.
* Perform necessary QA/QC activities as per laboratory guidelines and the quality management plan.
* Troubleshoot assays and adjust scientific methodology to correct problems or deficiencies in a research project or experiment.
* Maintain accurate laboratory records to ensure proper retention of scientific data.
* Maintain laboratory supplies inventories.
* Attend staff meetings and regularly present experimental data.
* Work collaboratively and independently as needed to adhere to project timelines.
* Work with dry ice, freezers, and liquid nitrogen tanks to store clinical samples, and perform clinical testing in a BSL-2 environment while always wearing appropriate PPE.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a biology-related discipline.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the pharmaceutical, vaccine, biologics, or similar industry is required.
* Experience in aspects of clinical trial implementation and testing is preferred.
* Familiarity with immunoassays, including pharmacokinetics, anti-drug antibody, and neutralization assays.
* Experience in a GLP, GCLP, cGMP, laboratory.
* Experience in a diverse set of clinical research techniques such as; o Immunoassay methodology.
* ELISA, ECLIA, ADA, SMC
* Pseudovirus neutralization assay
* Elispot Assays
* Cell culture and other cell-based assays
* Experience with automated systems such as liquid handlers and high-throughput robotic instruments is preferred.
* Self-motivated and can work independently.
* Attention to detail for high quality outcomes.
* High organizational and communication skills.
* Data analysis and use of analytical software.
* Proficient in Microsoft work, PowerPoint, Prism and Excel
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.