Job Title: Environmental Project Manager I
Type : Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
We're looking for an Environmental Project Manager I with experience and enthusiasm to join our Bridgeport, WV team. As a member of the team you will drive profitability, work on a variety of projects, and collaborate with a team of like-minded professionals. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
* Provide technical reviews to senior scientists on report writing, permitting, wetland delineations, environmental site assessments, mapping, and sampling
* Develop scopes of work, cost estimates, personnel assignments, and effort calculations for typical/common projects
* Lead and manage projects from proposal development through project close-out
* Collaborate with all internal divisions within The Thrasher Group, Inc. to execute project service lines.
* Execute work using a strategic team concept for clients of all sizes
* Maintain and develop working relationships with existing and potential new clients while managing client specific workloads, project schedules, and expectations.
* Implement best management practices for tracking and maintaining project budgets and schedule.
* Generate solutions to all areas of industry regulation with little to no assistance
* Understand full and complete legal implications of the work provided by the project team
* Apply QA/QC controls to all projects on technical or subject matter level
* Perform initial self-edits on all documents and permits prior to technical/SME review
To be successful in this position, you will bring;
* AS, BA, BS from ABET accredited program in a relevant field
* 5-10 years of experience in a similar environmental role
* 3-5 years of management experience
* Ability to direct and mentor staff
* Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to shifting workloads and deadlines and demonstrate experience in this type of environment.
* Have a personality adaptable to growing and developing relationships with existing and new clients.
* Demonstrate comfortability taking the lead in difficult situations
* Understand, and can discuss industry regulations
* Strong communication, critical thinking, and time management skills
* Be proficient in Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
* Specialization in any major environmental area such as remediation, air, or natural resources is preferred.
* Experience with operating ArcGIS and/or geospatial data collection equipment is preferred.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"