About the Job:
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Engineer implements, maintains, and improves upon established manufacturing safety programs to ensure the attainment of Toyota's goals. This position is not only accountable for ensuring compliance with all applicable EHS laws, regulations and standards, but for driving the overall Toyota safety culture.
What You'll Be Doing:
In this role you will perform functions including:
* Promote employee health and safety by implementing procedures, metrics, campaigns and programs to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses, and enhance the overall site safety culture resulting in management engagement, employee involvement and the reduction in unsafe conditions and behaviors.
* Have a thorough understanding of problem-solving and safety improvement tools and techniques.
* Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
* Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
* Evaluate machinery, equipment and their usage for safety and related risk.
* Prepare and deliver training in areas such as safety procedures, laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and the use of safety equipment.
What We're Looking For:
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline (i.e. Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, etc.)
What You'll Need for Success:
* 3+ years of EHS experience.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Toyota Production System (TPS) and 5S experience desirable.
* Professional EHS Certifications is a plus (i.e. ASP, CSP, CIH, etc.).
If you feel you don't have the experience listed above, but still think you are qualified for the job, we encourage you to apply for consideration
What You'll Get in Return:
Toyota Material Handling offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes:
* Generous Salary + Bonus Program
* Low cost Medical with FREE Dental and FREE Vision Insurance
* FREE on-site medical center
* On-site Pharmacy
* FREE on-site gym membership
* Wellness program ( offers premium discounts for the medical plan )
* 401k matching
* Group life insurance
* Employee assistance program (EAP) that allows for covered behavioral health visits
* Generous paid time off (PTO) allotment
* Between 13-14 paid holidays
* New Parent Leave
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
It is Toyota Material Handling's policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
About Toyota Material Handling
Let Toyota take your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture .
Based in Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We hire great people from a wide array of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes Toyota Material Handling stronger. We seek individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a generous salary and benefits package with a pleasant and enthusiastic work environment.
Learn More about Toyota Material Handling Careers at www.ToyotaForklift.com/Careers
Follow us on Social Media:
* Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyotaForklift
* Twitter: twitter.com/ToyotaForklift
* YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ToyotaMaterialHdlg
* Instagram: www.instagram.com/toyotaforklift/
* LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/toyota-material-handling