Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As a Managing Consultant on the Americas Downstream Consulting team, you will play a key role in our growing consulting practice, with involvement in all aspects of the consulting process, from shaping the opportunity, performing the analysis, managing the project, and working closely with clients and Wood Mackenzie experts to develop insights to support critical strategic and commercial decisions.
Your primary role will be managing commercial and strategy consultancy projects across the Downstream sector in North America and Latin America markets. This includes a growing number of energy transition-themed engagements.
Other Recent Client Engagements Include
In the last four years the Downstream Americas practice has supported 50+ transactions totaling more than $25B in total value including a major refinery in South America, multiple crude export terminals in the USGC, and the largest refined products infrastructure transaction in the last decade.
* Performed scenario analysis of crude, product, and bio-fuels markets for Tier 1 fuels marketers and infrastructure operators
* Supported capital raising and investment decisions for bio/renewable diesel and sustainable aviation plants in the US and Canada
* Developed crude marketing strategies for a major Latin American NOC
* Conducted a country entry strategy for a Top 3 independent fuels marketer
* Supported buy-side and sell-side due diligence for multiple Jones Act fleet transactions
This role requires a high level of creative thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to apply detailed knowledge and experience in refining and oil markets to a broad range of consulting projects and client situations. These capabilities must be accompanied by a strong command of oral and written communication skills internally and with clients. Additionally, outstanding team and project management capabilities, in a consulting context, are required for the purpose of this role.
The role requires frequent engagement with and work alongside senior client teams and occasional travel throughout the Americas region.
As a Managing Consultant at Wood Mackenzie, you will take ownership for the delivery of important parts of client engagements and support coordinating the overall effort under the supervision of a Project Director. Your main responsibilities will be:
* Act as Project Manager, coordinating and managing consulting projects by setting up a detailed project plan and working with a team to execute toward milestones
* Lead and execute complex analysis of commodity markets and project economics, while leveraging our industry research and expertise
* Build and present compelling presentations conveying key messages and recommendations concisely for a senior audience
* Build and maintain an internal network (across consulting, research, and sales) to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and Wood Mackenzie
* Actively coach teammates, advancing the development of consulting skills and processes across the consulting practice
Practice Development and Thought Leadership
* Support the creation and review of consulting proposals that create strategic insight for our clients and value for Wood Mac
* Bring a thorough and current understanding of refining and oil markets, within the context of the energy transition, and be able to effectively discuss recent events and implications with clients and colleagues
* Actively engage in broader Consulting practice activities such as recruiting, training, and operational improvements
Knowledge & Experience Required
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as business, economics, finance, statistics, or engineering; top tier master's and/or MBA preferred
* 5+ years of relevant experience in a management consulting or energy-focused consulting role, or other strategic/commercial role related to refining and oil markets. Other industry experience is beneficial but not required.
* Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients or senior stakeholders
* Experience managing key project workflows and overall coordination of projects in a Project Manager role
* Strong understanding of the energy value chain (exploration, development, production, transportation, transformation and commercialization), including the implications of the energy transition
* Strong understanding of commercial operations, business models and strategies
* Track record of quickly becoming knowledgeable and speaking credibly about a wide range of subjects and themes
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone's contribution and help them reach their full potential while maintaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our Core Values Are
* Respect for the Individual
* Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements that enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.