NJ Bio is a growing CRO that provides integrated chemistry and biology services to the biotech and pharma sectors. Main services include multistep organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, bioconjugation, and flow chemistry. The company is headquartered in Princeton, NJ, with an additional chemistry facility in Bristol, PA. The selected candidate will work at the Princeton site on the preparation of bioconjugates (e.g., antibody-drug conjugates, protein-drug conjugates, protein-peptide conjugates, peptide-drug conjugates, protein-oligonucleotide conjugates, protein-fluorophore conjugates, protein-chelator conjugates).
The Scientist position will work under the tutelage of an experienced Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist of Bioconjugation Chemistry. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. This position also offers significant growth opportunities within our growing organization. No previous experience in bioconjugation required.
· Degree in Protein Engineering, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline, plus 0-2 years of related experience in a pharmaceutical industry setting.
· Experience with preparation and purification of proteins, antibodies, oligos, and or bioconjugates ( · Strong background in antibody/protein engineering and or molecular biology.
· Experience in cell-based assays would be an important asset.
· Experience in monoclonal antibody design & development and biophysical characterization (i.e., FPLC, HPLC, UPLC and mass spectrometry) is needed.
· Working knowledge in mammalian cell culture including 3D cell culture is needed.
· Experience in plasmid design, in vitro transcription or DNA/RNA synthesis is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows to work in a highly interactive team environment.
· Works creatively, proactively, and collaboratively with other departments to support complex scientific projects.
· Under supervision, must have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Adherence to organizational EHS policies and maintenance of clean, safe workplace per established procedures is a must.
· Willingness to use technological advancements to improve processes.
Education and Other Skills:
· BS, MS or PhD in Degree in Protein Engineering, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 0-2 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience in related field.
· Needs exposure to the bioanalytical characterization and development of proteins is needed.
· Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge or understanding of bioconjugation (mg- to multi-gram preparation) and exposure to the bioanalytical characterization and development of proteins and bioconjugate therapeutics for protein engineering is a plus.