Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Belding, Michigan, Flat River Group, LLC is a leading end-to-end ecommerce partner that works with vendors to take their businesses to the next level by accelerating eCommerce sales growth. We sell a variety of products as a 1st Party Seller, including toys & games, pets, baby, outdoor sporting goods, housewares, and more. Flat River Group has experienced incredible growth over the last eleven years, and we now have 5 US-based distribution facilities.
We're currently recruiting an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to champion the safety program for Flat River Group. Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence, the EHS Manager will plan and manage the general health, safety, and loss control policies and procedures of the organization. They will design and direct safety training programs to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards. This candidate will partner closely with Flat River Group's leadership and Operations team to strengthen the EHS culture, enhance safety compliance, and improve performance.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience, leadership, and success in implementing both behavioral-based and process-based safety programs to achieve continuous improvement in the industry-standard EHS performance metrics. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate that has a passion for innovation in the EHS arena and driving culture change.
* Compelling interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to professionally conduct presentations and training.
* Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail.
* Advanced to expert skills using Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Access databases.
* Significant knowledge of U.S. and International Environmental, Health & Safety laws and regulations desired.
* Experience with LEAN and Continuous Improvement manufacturing principles.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
* Provide overall leadership for FRG's EHS efforts while fostering a culture of continuous improvement, zero-incident mindset, individual ownership, organizational pride, and innovative problem-solving.
* Develop worker plans and policies for new employee safety orientation, including skill training, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, hazardous material disposal procedures, and the use of protective equipment.
* Drive the development and implementation of FRG's Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Management System including the EH&S self-assessment process.
* Develop and direct short-term and long-term EHS organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operational procedures.
* Continuously monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), evaluate the effectiveness of efforts and initiatives, and develop and implement changes required for continuous improvement.
* Manage the development and delivery of the health and safety education and training programs.
* Ensure compliance with injury and incident prevention initiatives.
* Assist sites with investigating recordable incidents and managing the review and corrective actions process.
* Studies, identifies, and reports causes of past accidents and develops recommendations and follow-up to prevent accident recurrences.
* Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations and policies (i.e., OSHA, MIOSHA, ILOSHA, EPA, FDA, DOT, etc.).
* Monitor and anticipate changes or developments in applicable regulations and pro-actively plan for and address within the business units with minimal disruption to their respective operations.
* Maintain close alignment, communication, and collaboration between the EHS department and operational leadership teams with a strong focus on executing strategies that serve the unique business needs, operational profiles, and risk tolerances for each of the respective business units.
* Routinely visit branches to provide safety compliance assistance and coaching to assess compliance with applicable safety regulations and company policies.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science with a focus in Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Safety Management, Engineering or similar preferred.
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
* At least 3 years of environmental health & safety management required.
* Experience in multi-location manufacturing/industrial environment required.
* Experience developing and implementing EH&S Management Systems, e.g. ISO 14001, ANSI Z-10, OSHAS 18001, or ISO 45001 preferred.
* Experience developing and implementing forward-thinking processes to enhance the EHS culture, reduced safety incidents, and demonstrated improved performance strongly preferred.
* Experience using web based EH&S information and data management systems to support EH&S.
Flat River Group Offers You…
* Competitive compensation package (salary commensurate with experience).
* Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans upon hire with flex spending/health savings account options.
* Company-paid group life insurance policy.
* Company-paid short-term disability insurance.
* Paid maternity leave.
* Paid time off.
* Paid holidays.
* 401(k) with Company match, immediately vested upon hire.
* A challenging yet rewarding career with opportunities for growth within the organization.