We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Scientist to join our R&D team to participate in the evaluation of new technology, development of new products, and continuous improvement of the existing NGS technologies.
This is a laboratory-based position and the individual will plan, execute and analyze experiments for both new and existing NGS products. This position will interact with a diverse and cross-functional team of scientists working in a variety of R&D efforts and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team including R&D, Bioinformatics, Product Managers, Manufacturing, and external partners.
* Research related to NGS applications. Maintain a high level of expertise in this area to provide support to the broader scientific team.
* Take accountability for delivering quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner.
* Implement project plans and oversee their execution.
* Participate in internal scientific seminars and may represent the company/division through talks, tutorials, and publications.
* Transfer new products and processes to Manufacturing.
* Support product launch activities and perform on-market product and manufacturing troubleshooting with a strong "customer-first" mind set.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques relevant to the NGS business unit.
* Ph.D. with 3 + years of post-doctoral experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines, or equivalent industrial experience.
* Master's degree with at least 3 years of R&D-related experience (academic or industry) and strong knowledge of sequencing can be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
* Direct research experience with NGS is necessary.
* Strong knowledge and skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods) and relevant scientific fields.
* Demonstrate mastery of laboratory methods and show an ability to develop new methods.
* Advanced data analysis is a plus.
* Experience in molecular barcoding (UMI) is a plus.
* Ability to analyze experimental data, and effectively explain conclusions. Ability to design and execute follow-up experiments independently.
* Ability to use word processing, graphing, presentation, and spreadsheet programs effectively.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills through formal and informal discussions with peers, supervisor, and team.
* Demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to identify and solve difficult and complex multi-factorial problems.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
* Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges, and open to learning new skills.
* Must be organized and keep clear records of experiments and data.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
About Paragon Genomics:
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing precision medicine company. Our patented targeted sequencing technologies CleanPlex DNA, CleanPlex RNA, and CleanPlex UMI provide comprehensive solutions to precision diagnostics in oncology, infectious disease, inherited disease, reproductive health, neurology, cardiology, and many other applications. Our technologies and products have been adopted by hundreds of prominent Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) labs globally. With our platforms, we can efficiently and rapidly produce unique and customized next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to meet the needs of researchers, testing labs, and biopharma precision medicine projects.
The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, flexible work arrangements, and stock options.