Kardex Remstar is seeking for a Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join our growing team.
Kardex US Manufacturing LLC. is located in West Columbia (South Carolina) . We offer a job in an international company that is known for innovative solutions and that offers exciting tasks - in a climate where success-oriented work and self-reliance are fun. A company who take care of the people and people development.
* Assist the Plant Manager in implementing health and safety policies and procedures in the plant.
* Responsible for training the crews in all facets of safety.
* Stay current with new and pending safety legislation and anticipates regulatory requirements.
* Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of safety programs and makes recommendations for improvements.
* Provides technical expertise through participation on safety teams, fostering a climate of concern and responsibility for worker safety, and responding to safety issues or complaints
* Create, review, and update Job Safety Analysis documents to identify and avoid work-related hazards.
* Exercises best judgement to assure all health and safety procedures are followed, enacted additional training or disciplinary action when necessary.
* Prepares and schedules all training, including emergency procedures, workplace safety, new hire orientation and other relevant topics.
* Ensures the material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
* Responsible for health, safety, and environmental record keeping for the plant.
* Investigates accidents and/or injuries and prepares necessary documentation, including incident reporting, root cause analysis and recommends appropriate measures to eliminate or mitigate recurrence of the issuers.
* Works with injured employees in need of medical attention and medical providers to ensure that the employee receives appropriate treatment and is return to work at some capacity in a timely manner.
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health or related field experience
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Safety Professional in Manufacturing environment.
* Previous workers compensation claims management experience
* OSHA General Industry 30-hour training desired.
* Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws and regulation pertaining to occupational safety and health.
* Demonstrated leadership skill and abilities
* Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to copiers, calculators, postage and fax machines
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the internet required
* Ability to work under limited supervision.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong attention to details to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Proven problem-solving and organizational skills
* Works well in a team environment, with a diverse workforce
* Plan, organize, prioritize and mange projects or programs independently
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and coworkers.
* Local candidates are preferred. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Kardex Remstar is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Kardex Remstar is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Note: With your active application through LinkedIn, you agree to the usage of your LinkedIn profile and your personal data during our internal recruiting process.