Headquartered in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. PPC Flexible Packaging ™ has steadily grown and evolved, both organically and through acquisition, into a premier high-quality flexible packaging manufacturer. We are a dynamic team of design and packaging professionals dedicated to providing creative packaging solutions. Our capabilities and speed to market have always been our greatest strength-establishing us a trusted leader within our consumer and cleanroom markets.
At PPC, our #1 Key Principle is the Safety and Development of our People.
In this role you will. ..
The Environmental Health and Safety Director leads the corporation's North American effort in achieving a continually improving and sustainable safety culture through the effective design and implementation of company safety management system, processes and initiatives.
S/he will develop next level programs to deliver world class performance, while working collaboratively with manufacturing leadership at sites. Current role scope will encompass 9 separate manufacturing facilities.
The EHS director also leads the environmental stewardship activities of the organization. These activities include sustainability initiatives, certifications, emergency preparedness, permit activities, reporting, etc.
This role will directly report to the Chief Operations Officer and will chair the corporate safety center of excellence team which includes the COO, regional leaders, and members of the senior operations leadership team.
This role will be based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois with frequent travel to Pewaukee, WI and Hartford, WI facilities.
* Develops annual EHS operating strategy & link to business goals
* Develop and implement world class corporate safety management system
* Oversee governance of corporate EHS management system
* Manage the development and maintenance of EHS systems, processes, and records; Proactively review and analyze loss and risk data across the enterprise and recommend/define EHS programming enhancements to address common opportunities and key areas for improvement within the organization.
* Manages Environmental Health and Safety responsibilities, policies and regulations and ensures OSHA compliance
* Mentor, coach, and train EHS site coordinators
* Develops appropriate benchmarks and uses these metrics to drive a continuous improvement EH&S culture
* Leads safety hazards analysis for new business acquisitions and at sites gaining new assets.
* Monitors legislative activity and regulatory requirements communicating potential impacts on the business
* Assumes responsibility for environmental monitoring that includes Air Quality, Wastewater, Air Quality, and Pollution Prevention Plans
* Continuously seeks to improve business and industry knowledge
* Maintains documentation and provides reporting measures for operations
* Demonstrates ability to set and meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and deadlines
* Contributes to organization success by meeting team and company goals; and
* Assists operations in the implementation of continuous improvement ideas
* Bachelor's degree in Safety, Engineering, Science, or related field required; Master's degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related field preferred.
* Certification in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental management preferred.
* 7+ years of experience related to EHS with at least 5 years in a in a management role, required.
* Available to travel up to 50% of the time within U.S. with large focus on plants located in Illinois and Wisconsin.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
* Thorough understanding of Environmental Health and Safety standards.
* Thorough understanding of the management of chemical and hazardous materials.
* Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
* Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
* Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills.
PPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.